ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Date PBS Dependent Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Law_Girl
Newly Registered
Canada

PBS Tier 2 Dependent Extension While Main Applicant ILR Application Pending

Post by Law_Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:47 am

Hello I hope someone can help me!

Here is my query:

My current Tier 2 visa expires February 4 2020, as does my husband’s (he has a Tier 2 dependent visa).

I’ve just applied for ILR doing my biometrics today. I have a question about my husband’s application. He does not yet qualify for ILR so he is applying for a visa extension - joining a partner in the UK. We are completing a Tier 2 dependent application but it asks him whether I have received settlement yet and we answer ‘no’ because the application is still being processed (we paid for priority 5 day service). But when we go to pay our health service charge it asks when my visa expires and if I say February 4, 2020 it only gives us a health surcharge amount of £200. This can’t be right can it? What are we doing wrong?

Must he apply on his own and not as joining someone in UK? If that is the case the surcharge is £2000! We would like him to get a 3 year extension again if possible. Hopefully you can help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Tier 2 Dependent Extension While Main Applicant ILR Application Pending

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:55 am

I suggest wait till you receive the outcome of your ILR application before applying for the tier 2 dependent extension.

You will need to put an ILR expiry date of 3 years from date of anticipated application, i.e. day month 2023 to get the correct IHS of £1200.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1578668118
Dependants applying in the UK on their own
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.

Your family members can apply online if they’re your:

partner
child
It’s best for your dependants to apply at the same time as you but they can apply at a later date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Law_Girl
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Law_Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 am

And what if I do not get a reply in time (sometimes priority applications are not processed as ‘priority’? Does he just fill in the ‘Applying on his own’ rather than as joining someone in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:03 am

Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Law_Girl
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Law_Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 am

Thank you so much!

Law_Girl
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Law_Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:20 am

Sorry, one other question. Do you know how I can change the health surcharge calculation? If my husband goes back to his application and tries to calculate his surcharge it won’t let him alter the information and keeps giving us an amount of £200.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:50 am

You would have to start a new application.

I really would suggest to wait for your ILR before applying. If your ILR fails, the dependent application will also fail and you will lose your applications fees for both applications.

If shortly before the dependent visa expiry you don't have your ILR, then submit the dependent application before the visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Law_Girl
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Law_Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:39 pm

That makes complete sense. Thank you so much. I’ll hang tight and wait for ILR to arrive. I suppose my husband can apply for his extension right up to the day before his current one expires? Must he also complete his biometrics before his current visa expires?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 pm

I suppose my husband can apply for his extension right up to the day before his current one expires?
Correct, he must submit and pay online by this date the latest.
Must he also complete his biometrics before his current visa expires?
No, biometric appointment can be after the visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Law_Girl
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Law_Girl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:45 pm

Thank you so much!

Law_Girl
Newly Registered
Canada

CoS Date PBS Dependent Extension

Post by Law_Girl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Hello All,

I was recently granted ILR (3 days ago), and now I need to apply for a PBS Dependent extension for my husband.

These are our details:

I entered UK: 24/12/2014
Tier 2 Valid until: 04/02/2020
ILR Status Granted: 23/01/2020
Partner entered UK 15/07/2015
PBS Dependent Valid Until: 04/02/2020

My husband will be eligible for ILR in 2022 (therefore we only need a three year visa extension).

When I apply for his extension it asks me the date on my CoS, if it is less than 3 years or over 3 years. Originally the CoS said my job expiry was 5 years from original start date. Since we only need a 3 year extension (and I already have ILR), do I just put less than 3 years? I don't want to pay £1400 for my application when I can pay £700!

Please advise.