ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS JOB TITLE DILEMMA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

COS JOB TITLE DILEMMA

Post by s0787671 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 am

HI ,

I have has a tier 2 application rejected once , because of incorrect salary quoted for the software engineer job. I was told by the UKBA office, that SOC code 2132 applys to me but the pay was less than that quoted on the Code of practice for software engineer.

Now I am about to re apply, since I have been working for the same employer on my post study work visa Tier1 for past six months , can my employer give the job title in the new COS as Graduate developer, and update the salary according to that. Its just that pay for a Software engineer is quite high in the Code of practice and my employer is not willing to pay that amount now , since I am yet not fully profitable to him.

Here if the code of practice for IT just in case:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... actice.pdf

%%%%%%:!: Please do respond as Iam confused :!: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Bharat

ash786
BANNED

Re: COS JOB TITLE DILEMMA

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 pm

s0787671 wrote:HI ,

I have has a tier 2 application rejected once , because of incorrect salary quoted for the software engineer job. I was told by the UKBA office, that SOC code 2132 applys to me but the pay was less than that quoted on the Code of practice for software engineer.

Now I am about to re apply, since I have been working for the same employer on my post study work visa Tier1 for past six months , can my employer give the job title in the new COS as Graduate developer, and update the salary according to that. Its just that pay for a Software engineer is quite high in the Code of practice and my employer is not willing to pay that amount now , since I am yet not fully profitable to him.

Here if the code of practice for IT just in case:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... actice.pdf

%%%%%%:!: Please do respond as Iam confused :!: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
1. U can only of u were applied under the new job title for six months.
2. U new job title needs to be paid according to the list.
3. Ho will have a record of u application so be careful wen u apply again.
4. Job title can be chnaged but six months rule still applies.

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi Ash,
I didnt get Point 1. I have been working for the same employer on Tier 1 visa for 8 months now , but that includes my training as well. I am still not completely trained on every aspect. So six month commercial experience is fulfilled.
Also this is my first job, since I graduated.
Bharat

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:24 am

s0787671 wrote:Hi Ash,
I didnt get Point 1. I have been working for the same employer on Tier 1 visa for 8 months now , but that includes my training as well. I am still not completely trained on every aspect. So six month commercial experience is fulfilled.
Also this is my first job, since I graduated.
1. My answer is based on as u said that HO refused the application cuz u job title quoted on u first application was less than the list by UKBA.
2. If u apply again with the same job title then u wud be fine.
3. If u chnage u job title for u second application then u shud be working for the new job for six months before u apply and thats the rule to switch from PSW to Tier 2 General.
4. It really depends on u employer as if he says that yes u were working for him for six months. See the link and the bottom of the page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... g/#header2

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 am

Thank s ASh fro your response.

1. The job profile is the same and but the job title is different. It is still under the same code of practice and both the jobs have same profile in code of practice , but the graduate developer is one who hasnt had previous work experience, thats the only difference.

Every thing else remains the same.
Bharat

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:15 am

ash786 wrote: 3. If u chnage u job title for u second application then u shud be working for the new job for six months before u apply and thats the rule to switch from PSW to Tier 2 General.
S0787671..

please read this point 3 carefully which Ash mentioned for ur query of JOB TITLE CHANGE... don't presume anything.. stick to the rules to be safe..

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 am

HI
HOW DO i SHOW THAT THE JOB TITLE HAS CHANGED AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR SIX MONTHS WITH THE NEW JOB TITLE.

Bharat

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 am

s0787671 wrote:HI
HOW DO i SHOW THAT THE JOB TITLE HAS CHANGED AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR SIX MONTHS WITH THE NEW JOB TITLE.

I think those details wil be filled when your comapny issues you with CoS..?? just wait for Ash to confirm on this..

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am

I just had a chat with the UKBA office and they tole me that I can apply as long as i meet the requirement under the same code of practice. My employer will mention the the job profile the same as before, but the job title instead of a Software engineer as a graduate developer. All these fall under the same code of practice. Yes the employer will confirm i ahve been working for him for six under the same job.
Bharat

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:24 pm

s0787671 wrote:HI

1. There is no specific requirements on to prove that u were working for the job for the employer for the last six months before u apply.
2. Normally HO accepts the following to confirm that point.

U last six months wages slips, Bank statements with the wages credited to your account and Letter from the employer.
3. The above documents are enough to prove that u have been working for the employer for the past six months.

PBS123

Still confused!

Post by PBS123 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 am

Hi

I am in similar situation I have not applied for COS yet but basically I going to switch from PSW to Tier 2 General and I have been working for my employer for a year now and this is my first job since graduating from university. My job title is "Java Support Analyst" which I think I can only match to either Graduate developer? or Programmer. My first 7 months have been provisional and under training and my salary is 25000, my job title or duties have not changed much just a few more duties have been added on,. According to rules for qualifying for PSW to Tier 2 without resident labour test "You must have worked in the job you have now for your current sponsor for at least six months before you apply. You must also continue to work for your sponsor in the job you have now." But in Occupation codes of practice for Tier 2 for Graduate developer says "This job function is used to classify all programmers and developers who essentially have less than six months commercial experience of programming. This includes new graduates in IT or related technology degrees." My question is does this not make it impossible to apply for switching from PSW to Tier 2 without resident labour test under Graduate developer? As one says you must have worked for six months and another says graduate developer are those with less than six month experience and I have worked for the company for a year now. Could someone please clarify this please.

Many thanks