ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Received: How to Check Undefined or Defined

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mike_21
Newly Registered

CoS Received: How to Check Undefined or Defined

Post by mike_21 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:08 pm

Dear experts,

I have recently received my Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from my prospective employer for my Skilled Worker Visa application. I am currently in the UK under the Tier 4 visa. I will be applying to switch from Tier 4 to Skilled Worker Visa from inside the UK and thus I require the Undefined version of the CoS. This information (Undefined) is however not explicitly stated on my CoS.

I learnt from this forum topic that I should be cautious with this matter, and hence my question

Question: Is there a way to check if my CoS is a Defined version or an Undefined version?

Further information: On my CoS, under Route, it says Skilled Worker (graduate in Tier 4/Student Route switching to Skilled Worker). I wonder if this information helps to differentiate between a Defined CoS and an Undefined CoS.

I know I should check with my prospective employer but the business is now closed for the summer break. In the meantime, any early insights/clarifications from you could be highly valuable for me and are very much appreciated.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: CoS Received: How to Check Undefined or Defined

Post by manci » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:09 pm

mike_21 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:08 pm
Further information: On my CoS, under Route, it says Skilled Worker (graduate in Tier 4/Student Route switching to Skilled Worker)
you are switching in-country therefore it is an undefined CoS
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

mike_21
Newly Registered

Re: CoS Received: How to Check Undefined or Defined

Post by mike_21 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:11 pm

Thanks!