ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covid 19 - Switching from Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General Visa within UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Covid 19 - Switching from Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General Visa within UK

Post by way2iima » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi,

I am in Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. I am working for a technology firm in Basingstoke and our company has agreed to sponsor me Tier 2 General visa and allocated RCoS for me. Due to the current situation and travel ban due to Corona virus, I couldn't travel to my home country (India) to process my Tier 2 General Visa application. I have gone through your recent advisory - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents which states the following,

"During these unique circumstances you’ll be able to apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.You’ll need to meet the same visa requirements and pay the UK application fee"

Can you please confirm whether I can switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General Visa within the UK? If so, what is the process, where should I apply? Do we have a seperate link? and how do I book the appointment with VFS - London office? It would be much helpful if you could guide me on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Covid 19 - Switching from Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General Visa within UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Given that the announcement was only made yesterday, it is highly unlikely that anyone on the forum would know. Have you tried to apply online in the usual place before asking here? Obviously the online process will tell you what to do as you progress through the application.

Note also that many of the UKCVAS centres are now closing and you will likey not be able to attend your biometric appointment and will probably get cancelled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cevdetzsch
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Covid 19 - Switching from Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General Visa within UK

Post by cevdetzsch » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi way2iima,

I have the same situation. I can't confirm because I haven't reached any authorities yet.
Has your query been confirmed by someone?

In addition to this I think I can answer your questions:

where should I apply? -> From gov.uk -Same
Do we have a seperate link? -> No we use the same link but we need to choose "In the UK" option.
and how do I book the appointment with VFS - London office? -> I don't know whether it depends on our nationality but we need to apply from Sopra Steria not VFS.

Thanks.