ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A strange delay in the Skilled Worker Visa Super Priority application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mabincredible

A strange delay in the Skilled Worker Visa Super Priority application

Post by Mabincredible » Thu May 06, 2021 11:08 am

Hello,

I have searched on the similar topics on this forum and read some similar stories. I attended my biometrics appointment on 4th May and received the submission confirmation letter that day. Since I applied via the super priority route, I was hoping to receive a decision by the end of yesterday, which sadly did not happen. The force was not with me that day :(

Some forum members suggested checking on the Right to Work link. My current BRP expires on 9th Sep 2024 with my current sponsor, and the new CoS stated an end date of June 2024. The link still shows the end of 9th Sep 2024. But the strange thing is, during the UKVCAS appointment, the caseworker changed my name format from "Given name + Surname" to "Surname, Given name", and now on the above link my name format has changed from "Given name + Surname" to "Surname + Given name + Surname + Given name". For example, using a fake name to illustrate this, it used to be "Matthew Johnson", the case worker changed it to "Johnson, Matthew", and now it is shown on the Right to Work link as "Johnson Matthew Johnson Matthew". Should this mean anything?

If my new application were successful, would the date on my current BRP change by checking on the Right to Work link?

By the time of writing, I still have not received an email update regarding the outcome of my application, neither have I received an email requesting further documents, nor a notice that my application will be taking longer. Could someone please suggest what could be happening here? Thanks!

squidfry
Newly Registered
India

Re: A strange delay in the Skilled Worker Visa Super Priority application

Post by squidfry » Tue May 11, 2021 9:28 am

My application has a strange delay as well, I applied to switch from Tier 2 to Skilled Worker in the same company for a new role. Used the priority service (5 days) and gave the biometrics on the 27th April. Haven't heard anything back yet :(

How did you check the Right to Work link btw? I was hoping to get a response back some time last week but no luck

Wellington1056
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Wellington1056 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm

Hi @squidfry and @Mabincredible, have anyone of you received the decision yet?

I did my biometric appt on 25 Apr 2021 and paid for 5 days priority but still haven't got any news yet now. About 3 weeks now and this is for health and care skilled work visa.

Do you know who can we seek help from? I rang UKVI twice already, they just took my details and said will send a msg to home office. (isn't UKVI=part of home office?... )

squidfry
Newly Registered
India

Post by squidfry » Thu May 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Hey Wellington1056,

Haven't received a decision yet, the immigration adviser reached out to UKVI yesterday and we got a letter saying that it will take longer than 5 days because my application 'raises exceptionally complex issues'.

Apparently this is a boilerplate response from the Home Office when they don't meet the standard processing times so I'm still waiting for a response. Hoping it arrives in the next couple of weeks

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Fri May 14, 2021 8:29 am

Hello Wellington1056.

I've not received any update either. Not even the standard email stating the delay.

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Fri May 14, 2021 8:43 am

I was wondering whether any admins in this group have some insight to the current delays?

Wellington1056
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Wellington1056 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Mabincredible wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:29 am
Hello Wellington1056.

I've not received any update either. Not even the standard email stating the delay.
Same, I did not receive anything at all. I checked my trash/spam whatever inbox--there's no news.

I rang them twice already few days ago. Still there's no response from them on any updates. I really don't know what to do anymore, my start date for employment is getting so close now in early June and have got no news about it.

Please can you update me if you received anything?

Wellington1056
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Wellington1056 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 pm

squidfry wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:29 pm
Hey Wellington1056,

Haven't received a decision yet, the immigration adviser reached out to UKVI yesterday and we got a letter saying that it will take longer than 5 days because my application 'raises exceptionally complex issues'.

Apparently this is a boilerplate response from the Home Office when they don't meet the standard processing times so I'm still waiting for a response. Hoping it arrives in the next couple of weeks
Owh at least there's a response for you now. That's a good sign according to ppl on other threads. How did your immigration advisor manage to squeeze that response out of them?

I rang twice and they (UKvi contact centre) just took my details and said will send a msg to home office. And I was like aren't UKVI part of home office??

squidfry
Newly Registered
India

Post by squidfry » Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 am

Wellington1056 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:44 pm
Owh at least there's a response for you now. That's a good sign according to ppl on other threads. How did your immigration advisor manage to squeeze that response out of them?
No clue to be honest. I'm hoping that I hear back something this week, otherwise I will have to delay the start date of my new role. But who knows! :roll: I will post an update once I hear something back

I rang twice and they (UKvi contact centre) just took my details and said will send a msg to home office. And I was like aren't UKVI part of home office??
I think this is because UKVI/UKVCAS is outsourced to Sopra Steria and not directly managed by the Home Office. I might be wrong though

climb2peak
Newly Registered
India

Post by climb2peak » Mon May 17, 2021 9:38 am

Biometrics on 12th May 2021
Priority Service
Switching within work visa
No response yet

Still waiting!!!!

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Mon May 17, 2021 11:42 am

For those of you who are changing employment, do you know how the record of your current BRP will be changed? Will it be shortened to the start date of the new job, or will it be cancelled right after the approval of the new one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:56 am

Mabincredible wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:42 am
For those of you who are changing employment, do you know how the record of your current BRP will be changed? Will it be shortened to the start date of the new job, or will it be cancelled right after the approval of the new one?
Your current brp and visa will be cancelled when a new visa and brp is granted.

You were already advised of this when you asked previously!!

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/will ... l#p2008709
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:56 am
Mabincredible wrote:

Hello, thank you for the response. I did have a follow up question after you kindly answered in the other thread, which is the confusion that I raised here about the period between the approval of the new BRP and the actual start date of the BRP, or the start date of the new role at at different employment. I need to give 3 months notice, so the start date of my new job is still months away.

climb2peak
Newly Registered
India

Post by climb2peak » Mon May 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Priority Service
Email confirmation received - 17th May 2021
BRP - waiting

All the best!!!

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Mon May 17, 2021 12:17 pm

climb2peak wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:16 pm
Priority Service
BRP - waiting

All the best!!!
congratulations!

It makes me feel a bit more concerned, as mine was submitted a week before yours.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Mabincredible wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mabincredible wrote:

Hello, thank you for the response. I did have a follow up question after you kindly answered in the other thread, which is the confusion that I raised here about the period between the approval of the new BRP and the actual start date of the BRP, or the start date of the new role at at different employment. I need to give 3 months notice, so the start date of my new job is still months away.
The new visa and brp is valdlid from the date of approval and not a date at a pint in the future.

Your current or previous visa and brp will be cancelled when a new visa is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Mon May 17, 2021 12:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:20 pm
Mabincredible wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Mabincredible wrote:

The new visa and brp is valdlid from the date of approval and not a date at a pint in the future.

Your current or previous visa and brp will be cancelled when a new visa is granted.
Ah I see, that is clear. Thank you. Could this be a reason why my case has been delayed, because the start date is still sometime away?

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Mon May 17, 2021 12:53 pm

climb2peak wrote:
Priority Service
BRP - waiting

All the best!!!
If you don't mind, when is the start date of your new job? are you changing your employer? How can you manage your notice period now that you've received the decision?

climb2peak
Newly Registered
India

Post by climb2peak » Mon May 17, 2021 1:00 pm

when is the start date of your new job? - In 2 weeks from now
are you changing your employer - yes
How can you manage your notice period now that you've received the decision? - I am currently serving my notice and should be finished by the time I start with my new employer.

Thanks

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Mon May 17, 2021 1:01 pm

climb2peak wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:00 pm
when is the start date of your new job? - In 2 weeks from now
are you changing your employer - yes
How can you manage your notice period now that you've received the decision? - I am currently serving my notice and should be finished by the time I start with my new employer.

Thanks
Thanks. it must be a great relief for you now that you are able to plan the transition.

climb2peak
Newly Registered
India

Post by climb2peak » Mon May 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Yes, it is now..:)

squidfry
Newly Registered
India

Post by squidfry » Mon May 17, 2021 1:25 pm

climb2peak wrote:
Priority Service
BRP - waiting

All the best!!!
congratulations!

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Mon May 17, 2021 2:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:20 pm
Mabincredible wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Mabincredible wrote:

Thanks again for the clarification. I was wondering, since the start date of my new job is set to the end of June 2021, if the new BRP becomes valid from the date of the approval, am I able to serve the notice period for my current role until the start of the new job? If not, would the decision be delayed because the start date of the new job is still far away? If that is the case, can the start date be updated to an earlier date on the CoS if the new job agrees, and will it help with the application?

I appreciate a lot of these are assumptions, but any input would be appreciated.

MsHope20213
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by MsHope20213 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:45 pm

Guys I feel like I’ve been seen! I’ve been going crazy myself.
I paid for the super priority service , had my appointment on the 6th of May 2021 at 8am in Croydon! I expected a 24 hours reply and today is 11 days after and no reply! I kept calling and escalating. I also received no email whatsoever from UkVI. So it makes it all so worse and nerve wrecking. Hoping I hear back soon!

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Tue May 18, 2021 9:50 am

MsHope20213 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:45 pm
Guys I feel like I’ve been seen! I’ve been going crazy myself.
I paid for the super priority service , had my appointment on the 6th of May 2021 at 8am in Croydon! I expected a 24 hours reply and today is 11 days after and no reply! I kept calling and escalating. I also received no email whatsoever from UkVI. So it makes it all so worse and nerve wrecking. Hoping I hear back soon!
When is your start date of your new job if you don't mind?