ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent travel to UK while main visa holder in home country

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Dependent travel to UK while main visa holder in home country

Post by atlas321 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:52 am

Hello,

Myself (dependent) and my spouse with tier 2 general visa valid till 2023 is currently in our home country for the past 9months as my wife is pregnant and we haven’t travelled back. Now she is going to get into maternity leave (how that works for candidates outside uk with valid visa).

Also can I travel back to UK while my wife (main visa holder) is in home country to continue working from UK.

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Re: Dependent travel to UK while main visa holder in home country

Post by atlas321 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:33 pm

Team your response is highly appreciated

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:43 pm

Team, any insights on this topic?

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:12 pm

Any updates on this yet

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Hi team,

Any inputs on this topic please.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:16 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:28 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:16 pm
by vinny » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:16 pm
Risky?
The post @vinny referred to was about a spouse visa entry clearance where the applicant had to state in the application whether she intended to accompany or join her BC husband. She had difficulties at the UK border because neither was the case.
atlas321 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:52 am
Myself (dependent) and my spouse with tier 2 general visa valid till 2023 is currently in our home country for the past 9months as my wife is pregnant and we haven’t travelled back.
Also can I travel back to UK while my wife (main visa holder) is in home country to continue working from UK.
As the OP has T2G dependant permission, and presumably a corresponding BRP, I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to enter the UK alone without his (main applicant) wife who is on maternity leave and is at present in the home country provided her absence from work has been cleared with her sponsor employer.

Their separate absences from the UK are of a temporary nature and IMO don't impact on the requirement that their relationship must be genuine and subsisting and that they must intend to live together throughout the dependant’s stay in the UK.
atlas321 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:52 am
Now she is going to get into maternity leave (how that works for candidates outside uk with valid visa).
Maternity leave and statutory maternity pay are employment rights, they are not immigration issues.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice