ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa holder in UK of a primary ICT tier 2 Visa holder has got a job and wants to switch to primary visa holder

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gotoukandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Dependent visa holder in UK of a primary ICT tier 2 Visa holder has got a job and wants to switch to primary visa holder

Post by gotoukandy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Dependent visa holder in UK of a primary ICT Tier 2 Visa holder has got a job and wants to switch to be the Primary Visa holder and have my wife be my dependent Visa Holder. Please advice what options do i have to achieve this. :| :| :|

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa holder in UK of a primary ICT tier 2 Visa holder has got a job and wants to switch to primary visa ho

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:28 am

Dependent needs to apply for Tier 2 General if the job offer is from an HO approved Tier 2 sponsor.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

RCoS needed and apply from home country if all requirements are met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gotoukandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Dependent visa holder in UK of a primary ICT tier 2 Visa holder has got a job and wants to switch to primary visa ho

Post by gotoukandy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks for your response. Do i need to travel back to my home country in order to apply for a tier 2 general visa or can this be done during my stay in UK while my dependant visa is applicable.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:28 am

RCoS needed and apply from home country if all requirements are met.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gotoukandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gotoukandy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the valuable advice. We are presently in UK and i too have gotten a job with a company. My wife is the primary visa holder and i am here as her dependent. She is a Tier 2 ICT Migrant Visa on her companies sponsorship valid till June 2019. However as her project is nearing completion she may need to go back in Oct 2018.

Can you please advice since i am here as her dependent, how much time do i have to leave the country once she returns to India. Is there a time duration for me to leave the country since there are people who had been advising that the dependent has 60 days to leave the country in case the primary visa holder leaves with no intention of returning. Please advice if this is correct.

Thanks and Regards :)

gotoukandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gotoukandy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife had returned to India now post her project was over. Her ICT Tier 2 Visa was Valid till June 2019 as per the BRP, however her company may have informed the home office regarding her assignment getting over and she leaving the country, so now her Visa may not longer be valid.

My question is if there is a cooling off period of 12 months applicable here for her to apply for a new tier 2 General visa for UK if she had returned to India. Our stay in UK was for 97 Days. If yes, is it applicable on me as well since i was there as a dependent visa holder,

Request you to clarify.

Kind Regards :) :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:13 pm

There may be a cooling off period for your wife.
There isn’t any cooling off period for you, if you had leave has her dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.