ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa inquiry (Tier 2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maskedman0627
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Dependent visa inquiry (Tier 2)

Post by maskedman0627 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Greetings to all!

I am quite confused and looking for any insight on the below premise:

1. My wife will apply for tier 2 general visa as she was offered a job in the UK. Can we apply as her dependents together with her application?

2. If yes and our application is approved, can we as dependents enter UK with her and then leave temporarily (after a couple of weeks) due to child's school commitments and come back 6 months after?

I would greatly appreciate any response.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Dependent visa inquiry (Tier 2)

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:24 pm

maskedman0627 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:55 pm
Greetings to all!

I am quite confused and looking for any insight on the below premise:

1. My wife will apply for tier 2 general visa as she was offered a job in the UK. Can we apply as her dependents together with her application?

2. If yes and our application is approved, can we as dependents enter UK with her and then leave temporarily (after a couple of weeks) due to child's school commitments and come back 6 months after?

I would greatly appreciate any response.

Thank you.
1. i think yes. Read in depth about it here:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

2. Yes you can as long as the absence doesnot exceed 180 days per year otherwise absence can affect ILR eligibility.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.