ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents T2G Extension from outside of UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SuyogPagare
Newly Registered
India

Dependents T2G Extension from outside of UK

Post by SuyogPagare » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Hello Friends, I am a Tier-2 General visa holder completing 5 years in the UK on 30 March 2020. My Wife is T2G dependent completing her 5 years on 18th August 2020. She is currently in India with our daughter who was born in the UK in May 2018. I recently switched my job and got a new T2G visa which expires in Jan 2021, however, my wife and child are still on old T2G visa which is expiring on 18 May 2020. They will complete 180 days out of the UK on 24th April 2020. I want to ask:

1. Is it possible to get T2G dependent's extensions done from India if I get ILR before their current visa expires?
2. At max how many years of extension do the T2G dependents get if the primary applicant holds ILR?
3. What happens if dependents visas expire in India? Will I be able to bring them back by applying their ILR dependent visas from India? Do they directly get ILR's in this case or their 5-year counter starts again?

Any and all the help is much appreciated! Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependents T2G Extension from outside of UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:21 am

1. Probably not.applications outside the UK are new entry clearance visas. Extensions are applied for within the uk

2. It's 3 year extension for PBS dependent usually when applying within the UK.

3. Yes, if they meet the English and financial requirements. They don't get ilr, their ilr clock resets to zero and a new 5 year route to ilr, 2 X 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.