ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required to apply License

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

opssss
Newly Registered

Documents required to apply License

Post by opssss » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi

i am working as an outsource manager in a IT company which has recently registered with company house, they are going to apply for license, i just wanted to know if someone has information what documents do a (New)company need to apply for license?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Documents required to apply License

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:24 pm

opssss wrote:Hi

i am working as an outsource manager in a IT company which has recently registered with company house, they are going to apply for license, i just wanted to know if someone has information what documents do a (New)company need to apply for license?
Please go through VINNY's reply in this THREAD

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 pm

opssss wrote:Hi

1. There are different types of documents required depending on the size and legal status of the compnay.
2. Wen u company applies then they will know which documents are needed.
3. Its not u responsiblity to check that as the compnay shud read the guidence and submit the required documents.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 am

ash786 wrote: 3. Its not u responsiblity to check that as the compnay shud read the guidence and submit the required documents.
Maybe opssss.. is trying to help his HR to fasten the SL process so that he can save time and see how things are going.. i did the same thing.. i arranged all the docs.. spoke to solicitor to help filling up the info on their PMS system.. n coordinated further.. but i was running out of time at that point so i opted for Tier1(G).. just a thought.. that's all..

Opsss u shd check that thread vinny provided.. cheers.. the process is simple but looks complicaated..

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:36 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
ash786 wrote: 3. Its not u responsiblity to check that as the compnay shud read the guidence and submit the required documents.
Maybe opssss.. is trying to help his HR to fasten the SL process so that he can save time and see how things are going.. i did the same thing.. i arranged all the docs.. spoke to solicitor to help filling up the info on their PMS system.. n coordinated further.. but i was running out of time at that point so i opted for Tier1(G).. just a thought.. that's all..

Opsss u shd check that thread vinny provided.. cheers.. the process is simple but looks complicaated..
I agree with you on that but some companies do not like taking notes from the employees as mine definetely does not lol. How long do u think HO take to issue a licence.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:43 pm

ash786 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

I agree with you on that but some companies do not like taking notes from the employees as mine definetely does not lol. How long do u think HO take to issue a licence.
In Jan 09 when we applied.. our solicitor told it will take 5-6weeks but we got it in 3weeks.. we did not even had the HO guys come and check our HR for docs n other things which it is ought to be done.. but i think it is still 5-6weeks because now the no. of companies applying for SLicense are more and the HO is trying to be more strict.. so i think it is atleast 5-6weeks now also.. this is just my view..

Cheers mate..

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks for that ma8.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 am

Dear Opsss...

Please find some of the documents that are required to be arranged to advance this registration process to the submission stage you will also need to provide them with certain documentation (original documents or either certified or notarised copies only). I would strongly recommend certified copies; these will need to be certified by any lawyer regulated with the law society.

Essential documents required will be as follows:
1. If legally required to submit these, a copy of your latest audited accounts
2. If legally required to register with a Governing Body, a copy of that registration document

The Home Office will require as many as possible from the following list, and have specified at least three of these will be needed:
1. A copy of your employers liability insurance certificate and policy showing your cover is at least £5 million.
2. If applicable the latest annual self assessment tax returns
3. Evidence from the HM Revenue and customs of your registration to deduct from source and pay PAYE and National Insurance.
4. Current Financial reports or Audited Annual Report
5. Certificate of VAT Registration (if registered)
6. Latest Corporate or Business Bank Statements and a letter from your bank confirming the nature and duration of your dealings with them
7. Latest CT603 and CT600 (Company tax returns).
8. Copy of Business lease or proof of ownership of Business premises.

Please NOTE that these are the documents that i have arranged as per my company status as a Private company.. you need to read the HO guidance under which category ur company falls into..