ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language for Chartered Accountant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azamirkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

English language for Chartered Accountant

Post by azamirkhan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi,

I am an Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. I recently got a job offer as an auditor and now have applied for Tier 2 General visa. While filling out the application, I got this question that whether my qualification was taught in English so I selected Yes. However it required an English Language Assessment letter from UK NARIC. I applied for this letter but NARIC said that they don't provide this service for Professional Qualifications. So I asked them to provide a Statement of Comparability that proves that my qualification is equal to or above the level of a Bachelor's Degree taught in UK, which is still pending. However I have still submitted my passport and biometrics with VFS global. In the meanwhile I have taken IELTS, the result of which will be declared on 20th September 2019.

Now my question is can I submit the result when I get it or I will have to wait till someone from Entry Clearance Office communicates me to?

By the way I submitted application and biometrics on 9 Sep 2019 and got the email on same date acknowledging receipt at UK Decision Making Centre.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English language for Chartered Accountant

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:48 pm

You should have waited to apply until you had the proof of meeting the English requirement. Anything you try submit after your date of application does not have to be considered. This has been the exact reason for many recent refusals.

ACA is not acceptable. You need a Degree level qualification assessed by NARIC for English and Comparability OR you need the IELTS SELT English test form an HO approved test provider on the current list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

azamirkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by azamirkhan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:48 pm
You should have waited to apply until you had the proof of meeting the English requirement. Anything you try submit after your date of application does not have to be considered. This has been the exact reason for many recent refusals.

ACA is not acceptable. You need a Degree level qualification assessed by NARIC for English and Comparability OR you need the IELTS SELT English test form an HO approved test provider on the current list.
In place of IELTS or NARIC letter, I have attached the following to my application:

1. Article on UK NARIC website stating that 'Pakistani Bachelor degrees given comparability to UK Bachelor degree standard' Link

2. Equivalency letter from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan stating the CA is equivalent to Masters of Commerce Link

Can these help me in getting the decision in my favour?

Also, do the authorities refuse the application without providing an option to submit the pending documents?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:32 am

You need IELTS or the NARIC English and comparable assessment, as the rules clearly state. Sending them an article and the other document does not prove you meet the English requirement. They will be completely disregarded.
Also, do the authorities refuse the application without providing an option to submit the pending documents?
Yes, you could be refused outright as the rules are very clear. You will then need a new RCoS before you can reapply. You also get no appeal rights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

azamirkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by azamirkhan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 am

Many thanks. I have one more question. If I have taken IELTS General Training (Normal, not the UKVI variant) from British Council, will its score be acceptable?

azamirkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by azamirkhan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:14 pm

So I got this email today:

Subject: Your Visa Application: VAF xxxxx

Dear xxxxx

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxx
For: xxxxxx

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

Please provide the following documents:

Evidence of English Language: UK Naric Letter confirming the level of English Language taught in your degree and the UK equivalent level of degree held.

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Can you please confirm which application reference number to use? The GWF one or the VAF?

azamirkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by azamirkhan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:32 am
You need IELTS or the NARIC English and comparable assessment, as the rules clearly state. Sending them an article and the other document does not prove you meet the English requirement. They will be completely disregarded.
Yes, you could be refused outright as the rules are very clear. You will then need a new RCoS before you can reapply. You also get no appeal rights.
Can you please guide me on the last post.
Thanks

azamirkhan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Decision completed on my application

Post by azamirkhan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:34 pm

I have received the following response on my query:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm a decision has recently been completed on your application and you should be contacted shortly in regards to the return of your passport."

Can I get an idea that how much time does it normally take from the decision being made till communication of that decision?