ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirements for Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skechidi
Newly Registered
Algeria

English language requirements for Tier 2 visa

Post by skechidi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Dear all,

I was offered a Ph.D. level job and I am looking forward to applying for the UK Tier 2 visa. In order to prove my English proficiency, I decided to use my Ph.D. degree which was researched in English. Therefore, I applied for the NARIC recognition and the English language assessment.

My only concern is that at the time of my graduation (2018) I was only provided a provisional success certificate and the final certificate of my Ph.D. degree can only be issued after 5 years of the completion of that study program. Would not that be an issue with the UK home office?

Cheers,
Smail.

ukvisat2

Re: English language requirements for Tier 2 visa

Post by ukvisat2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:56 am

Suggest you do IELTS for UKVI (general training) with at least B1 qualification level (4 bands in each category).

skechidi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by skechidi » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:00 am

Hi ukvisat2,

The matter is time.

Is it possible to take the IELTS UKVI test and then submit in the Tier 2 UK visa application the reference number of my test?

Looking forward to your feedback,

Cheers,
Smail.

ukvisat2

Post by ukvisat2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:43 am

No documents required. Please provide your SELT unique reference number on your application form.
This can be found on your TRF displayed as UKVI number.

However, the test results should be announced before you submit your application.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf

skechidi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by skechidi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi ukvisat2,

Thank you for your response

Actually, the UK NARIC provided the following:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your application to UK NARIC. Following initial investigations into the level of English which can be confirmed for graduates of this degree, we are able to confirm that holders would meet the requirements of CEFR level B1.

Dear Sir / Madam,
We can provide an assessment of your qualification(s) however please note we have not been provided with a copy of your final certificate and as a result, the following sentence will be included in your letter: Although no final certificate has been presented, evidence of successful course completion has been provided.
Please note that this disclaimer does not affect the outcome of the assessment."

I have also a letter from my university saying the following:
"This is to certify that xxxxxxx has followed a program of study over a period of 4 years at the University xxxxxxx 1 leading to a degree of “Doctorat en Sciences”. xxxxxxxx has been awarded the above mentioned degree, on the 1st of March 2018, at the level of very honourable.
Although this institution is based in Algeria, this particular program of study was researched in English throughout, and also the viva exam was in that language."

Would that be enough for the English requirement of the Tier 2 visa?

Cheers,
Smail.

skechidi
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by skechidi » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 am

Dear all,

Any additional information!

Cheers,
Smail.