ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ex job CoS cancellation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SevazKazan19
Newly Registered
Russia

Ex job CoS cancellation

Post by SevazKazan19 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello,

I have recently changed my job and advised my ex company to cancel my CoS, as I had a new one from a new company.
My ex company could not have an access to the SMS as a HR person responsible for SMS had left and nobody had credentials to get the access. HO told my ex company that it would take about 18 weeks to get new person registered with SMS.

The question is:

Am I supposed to contact HO and ask them to cancel my old CoS or leave it with the ex company as it is their responsibility to inform HO regarding end of my employment?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ex job CoS cancellation

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:55 pm

It is the previous employers responsibility to notify HO that your employment has ceased.

No CoS to cancel as such as you have presumably already been issued with a new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.