ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Tier 2 change of employment and language requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alyeltrem
Newly Registered

Extremely Urgent General Tier 2 question

Post by alyeltrem » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:51 am

Hello, I have a very urgent question regarding my General Tier 2 visa.

I am from Turkey and I was employed by a university in the UK from 17.01.2017 until 17.01.2020 for 3 years. The last day that I can stay in the UK on my BRP card is 03.02.2020. And at the moment I am a resident in the UK. I was employed as a Marie-Curie Early Stage Researcher.

Now I have received a contract offer from the University and they will provide me the certificate of sponsorship on Tuesday as a post doctoral researcher. I checked if I should apply for a new Tier 2 visa or an extension of my current Tier 2 leave to remain and have seen that the extension is the only way. Because if you want to make a new Tier 2 General visa application - it asks if you are in the UK and immediately says that you cannot apply for a Tier 2 General within UK. That made me think extension should be the only option for me.

However, the eligibility criteria for extending a Tier 2 General is given as the following in the gov.uk website:

You must have current permission to enter or stay on a Tier 2 (General) visa.

You must also meet the following conditions:

you have the same job as when you were issued your previous permission to enter or stay in the UK
you’re still working for the employer who assigned your certificate of sponsorship
you’re still earning an ‘appropriate salary’ - read the guidance if you’re not sure
You must be in the UK to extend your visa.

Now, I might have the kind of same job and also earning the appropriate salary above 35000 gbp/year but I am not working for the employer who will assign my new certificate of sponsorship. I am out of contract. And they will give me the new COS next Tuesday. Does this mean that I cannot apply for an extension for my General Tier 2 visa?

This extension route was the only way I could apply for a General Tier 2 extension. Please help me about the matter.

Thanks in advance.

alyeltrem
Newly Registered

Re: Extremely Urgent General Tier 2 question

Post by alyeltrem » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 am

Moreover, the only reason I could not apply for an extension before my contract expired on 17.01.2020 was because the University's HR was slow to respond regarding the matter. I really do not know how to proceed.

alyeltrem
Newly Registered

General Tier 2 change of employment and language requirement

Post by alyeltrem » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:19 pm

Hi,

I am in the UK on General Tier 2 and I am doing a change of employment with another CoS and another General Tier 2 application. My Tier 2 leave is for the dates 17.01.2017 - 03.02.2020.

Our HR correspondent said that there will be an English language requirement for the new General Tier 2 I am applying for. And I have seen the article 144 in the Tier 2 guidance, it says:

You will be awarded 10 points if you are applying for leave to remain under Tier 2
(General), Tier 2 (Sportsperson) or Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) and you meet the
requirements of one of the categories listed below:

you have met the English language requirements when given a previous grant of
leave;

Here is a link to Tier 2 guidance:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... FINAL1.pdf

Does that mean I am exempt because I got my General Tier 2 visa 3 years before when I applied for it and passed the English Language requirement?

Many thanks!

gdenzilg
Zimbabwe

Re: General Tier 2 change of employment and language requirement

Post by gdenzilg » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:28 pm

What other documents do they require for Tier 2 change of employement?

vtox
Mood:
India

Re: General Tier 2 change of employment and language requirement

Post by vtox » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:41 pm

To prove English do we have to give English test or certificate from the university which states that the medium of instruction was English is enough?