ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married to British abroad while on tier 2 visa.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navienkrish
Newly Registered
Mood:

Getting married to British abroad while on tier 2 visa.

Post by navienkrish » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi,
I am Indian, currently on tier 2 sponsored visa and my fiancée is British. We recently got engaged and was looking into wedding in Greece. We looked at several wedding agencies and none of them could give us info about documentation procedure involved for non British or non EU person. Has anyone had similar situation? Any help or info would be appreciated.
Thank you

prisingh
Mood:
India

Re: Getting married to British abroad while on tier 2 visa.

Post by prisingh » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:48 pm

hi
you need to apply for schengen visa and do stuff across eu.. It includes marriage as well.
When back in UK - u can apply for spouse visa.. get a lawyer involved if do not want to interrupt the honeymoon. :)

cheers

navienkrish
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by navienkrish » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 am

Hi,
Thank you for the reply, I am not concerned about schengen visa as I will already have one during the time of wedding but my enquiry is about whats the procedure involved if I am getting married in Greece. Do we have to goto local registry office to give notice of intend to marriage even for abroad weddings or inform Home office after I am married at Greece?!, and anyone had experience with Indian passport getting married in Greece and document procedure involved so we get valid marriage certificate at Greece. I am also not planning to apply for spouse visa as I am eligible for ILR in 1.5years on my current tier 2 visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Do we have to goto local registry office to give notice of intend to marriage even for abroad weddings or inform Home office after I am married at Greece?!
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.