ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health and care visa - PBS Dependent Visa Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ksl4u
Mood:
India

Health and care visa - PBS Dependent Visa Extension

Post by ksl4u » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:58 am

Hi All,
Not sure , if it is too early to ask about anything related to the recently launched Health and Care Visa.
This new visa has been launched on August 4 ,2020 : https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-health-care-visa

I(main applicant) am on ILR since December 2019 (Tier 2 general 5 year route) and I am working as a Nurse (shortage occupation with SOC code :2231) for the same employer since I came to the UK. Currently, I am applying for my dependants (PBS dependant) visa extension for next 3 years as they have not completed 5 years yet.The current visa validity is until Sep 29,2020.
Considering the above situation,could someone please confirm, if my dependants are eligible for this Health and Care visa (which reduces the application fee and waives off the IHS surcharge)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Health and care visa - PBS Dependent Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:24 pm

My understanding is that dependents are only eligible for this as dependents if the you are applying as the main visa holder. This is not the case in your circumstances as you already hold ILR. They will likely have to apply for a PBS dependent in the normal way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ksl4u
Mood:
India

Post by ksl4u » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:14 pm

This is what I see in the Tier 2 Policy Guidance:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf

A9 If you are applying as a partner or dependant of a person who qualifies for the Health and
Care visa, but the qualifying person arrived in the UK before the Health and Care Visa was
available, then you will need confirmation from the sponsor that the person upon whom your
application is reliant, is eligible for the visa. The sponsor will need to provide the information,
which would normally be included in the Certificate of Sponsorship, to the applicant for
inclusion in the partner or dependant application. This should be in the form of a letter or an
email from the sponsor and would set out the organisation and, if not an NHS body, how the
organisation qualifies under paragraph A2 of this guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:16 pm

ksl4u wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:14 pm
This is what I see in the Tier 2 Policy Guidance:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf

A9 If you are applying as a partner or dependant of a person who qualifies for the Health and
Care visa, but the qualifying person arrived in the UK before the Health and Care Visa was
available, then you will need confirmation from the sponsor that the person upon whom your
application is reliant, is eligible for the visa. The sponsor will need to provide the information,
which would normally be included in the Certificate of Sponsorship, to the applicant for
inclusion in the partner or dependant application. This should be in the form of a letter or an
email from the sponsor and would set out the organisation and, if not an NHS body, how the
organisation qualifies under paragraph A2 of this guidance.
Obviously this doesn't apply to you as you hold ILR and are no longer a sponsored Tier 2 migrant. Your employer is irrelevant to a PBS Dependent visa extension once the main PBS visa holder has been granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ksl4u
Mood:
India

Post by ksl4u » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.