ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health worker dependent visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Areeny2019
Newly Registered
Egypt

Health worker dependent visa extension

Post by Areeny2019 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi ,
Iam about to extend my Health care worker (previously Tier2 ) visa for me and my dependents . One of the dependents who is my 19 yrs old daughter is currently outside the UK studying a University course . I wonder if i can apply for her extension now at the same time iam applying for all of us as while she is still abroad and once her BRP arrives , i will post it to her so she will be able to join us later in August . Will this work or are there any risks ?
Regards,

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Health worker dependent visa extension

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:09 am

She can only apply in the UK if she is is physically in the UK. Otherwise, she needs to apply where she is living.

Wherever she applies, as a 19-year old she needs to meet meets the requirements of paragraph SW 32.2 of Appendix Skilled Worker

SW 32.2. If the child is aged 16 or over at the date of application, they must not be leading an independent life.

For how caseworkers assess this, see page 18-19 of the Work routes dependant caseworker guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... f-guidance

Child leading an independent life

A dependent child aged 16 or over on the date of application must not be leading an independent life and must still be financially dependent on the lead applicant or their dependent partner. They cannot be married or in a civil partnership. You should assess all evidence provided with an application to decide if a child is still dependent on their parent(s).

The following list suggests evidence that could be used to demonstrate the dependent child is living with the lead applicant or their dependent partner and relies on them for financial support:

• bank or building society statement (which may show funds that their parent is
providing to support them)
• credit card bills
• driving licence
• NHS registration document
• an official letter from their current school, college or university that confirms
their address

This is not an exhaustive list.

If a dependent child pays rent or board, they must evidence the amount they pay each month.

If a dependent child is not living with the family unit due to attending school, college or university, you will need to see further evidence the child is not leading an independent life. If the dependent child is living at a separate address, you must be satisfied this is due to study elsewhere. Evidence of this can include:

• official confirmation of their studies from their school, college or university
• evidence that they are being financially supported by their parents up to the point they are applying (for example, evidence covering a 3-month period prior to the application)
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.