ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed Urgent!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ina71
Newly Registered

Help needed Urgent!

Post by Ina71 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:54 am

Hi all,

I have a question to ask regarding my situation. I'm a work permit holer and will be leaving this current job by end of this month. I've been told that once my employer inform HO ( assuming they will inform HO on the 1st of September 2009) I will then have 28 days to stay before going back to my home country. I've made an arrangement i.e booked airticket to go back home but my question is :-

Can I travel to Paris to visit my cousin during this period and coming back on tourist visa? Will I be getting any problems whilst travelling back to the UK during this period? What documents that I need to bring with me whilst visiting my cousin and come back to the UK before returning home?

Please can someone help me on this matter as I do not want to break any rules.

Many thanks for your help.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Help needed Urgent!

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Ina71 wrote:Hi all,

I have a question to ask regarding my situation. I'm a work permit holer and will be leaving this current job by end of this month. I've been told that once my employer inform HO ( assuming they will inform HO on the 1st of September 2009) I will then have 28 days to stay before going back to my home country. I've made an arrangement i.e booked airticket to go back home but my question is :-

Can I travel to Paris to visit my cousin during this period and coming back on tourist visa? Will I be getting any problems whilst travelling back to the UK during this period? What documents that I need to bring with me whilst visiting my cousin and come back to the UK before returning home?

Please can someone help me on this matter as I do not want to break any rules.

Many thanks for your help.
i think you can go and come back within your notice period AND if your VISA validity is more than 3months.. before my WP extension i had to travel abroad with just 4months visa validity left on my passport and during return i asked the immigration officer what precautions i shd take if my visa is abt to expire n i need to travel urgently..

the officer said, for main applicants it is good to have aletter from employer that you will come back and join the work.. (THIS letter option ONLY if your visa validity is less than or equal to 3months...) if not not a problem..

hope this helps

Ina71
Newly Registered

Post by Ina71 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Ramesh,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm aware of that, however my main concern is, can I still travel to Paris between that 28 days period then coming back to the UK before heading to my home country?

1. I have booked the airticket to go back home on the 25th September
2. I have booked a ticket to Paris on the 18th Sept coming back to the UK on the 21st September then heading home on the 25th September.

Will my passport be stamped tourist visa or will the immigration officer use my work permit still considering it is still within that 28 days.

Please advise.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Ina71 wrote:Hi Ramesh,

Many thanks for your reply. I'm aware of that, however my main concern is, can I still travel to Paris between that 28 days period then coming back to the UK before heading to my home country?

1. I have booked the airticket to go back home on the 25th September
2. I have booked a ticket to Paris on the 18th Sept coming back to the UK on the 21st September then heading home on the 25th September.

Will my passport be stamped tourist visa or will the immigration officer use my work permit still considering it is still within that 28 days.

Please advise.
Are you talking abt the schengen visa for france u will be applying?? or passport stamp while return??
if in that case how will they know that u r under 28days notice period?? sorry i am not clear..

Ina71
Newly Registered

Help needed Urgent!

Post by Ina71 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi Ramesh,

I'm talking about the passport stamp while return?? Assuming my employer inform the home office that I'm no longer servicing the company starting September. Either way, I'll still have to inform the immigration officer upon return back from Paris that I'm no longer working for the company, when he/she look at workpermit/entry clearance on my passport yes?

Many thanks for your help Ramesh.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:24 pm

I'm talking about the passport stamp while return?? Assuming my employer inform the home office that I'm no longer servicing the company starting September. Either way, I'll still have to inform the immigration officer upon return back from Paris that I'm no longer working for the company, when he/she look at workpermit/entry clearance on my passport yes?

OK.. i got ur point..
i wld wait for any others who had been in this position to reply as i do not want to mis-guide u on this.. because the Immigration office might/can have the 28days notice period info on his system when he scans ur passport on return..

wat say seniors??

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 pm

1. My question is have u already have a schengen visa in u passport or u have applied for one.
2. If u have applied for one then u shud have atleast 3 months left to come bak to UK.
3. I wud not recommend to travel in this situation as immigration officer might stop you and refuse entry and if u company has informed them as well.