ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long Tier 2 ICT dependent Visa holder can stay in the UK after the main applicant has left the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rahulgupt33
Newly Registered
India

How long Tier 2 ICT dependent Visa holder can stay in the UK after the main applicant has left the UK

Post by Rahulgupt33 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:54 am

Hi,
I need advice on below scenario-

I am a Tier 2 ICT dependent Visa holder and it is due to expire in 8th Jan 2019.

My query is, my wife who is main applicant will be leaving the UK on 31st Dec 2018, with this situation how long can I prolong my stay in the UK as I will need to serve notice period for my employer.
I understand that in most cases, depended have leave with the main applicant however, is there any clause which would help me in prolonging my stay for another month or two to finish my share of responsibilities at work.

Thanks in Advance!

Kind Regards,
Rahul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long Tier 2 ICT dependent Visa holder can stay in the UK after the main applicant has left the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:14 pm

As the difference is departure is literally days, you must leave the UK before your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rahulgupt33
Newly Registered
India

Re: How long Tier 2 ICT dependent Visa holder can stay in the UK after the main applicant has left the UK

Post by Rahulgupt33 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks for your reply !

I think previously there was a way where dependent could stay for another 2 months after main applicant leaves for finish his/her pending business, is this option no longer exits ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Rahulgupt33 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:28 pm
Thanks for your reply !

I think previously there was a way where dependent could stay for another 2 months after main applicant leaves for finish his/her pending business, is this option no longer exits ?
If your visa expires on 8th January 2019, there is not grace period for your. You must leave the UK by the date of your visa expiry otherwise you will be an overstayer and will NOT be permitted to work or use free NHS service.

There has never been a '2 month' grace period as far as I recall. You might be confusing the 60 days curtailment period, which would not be applicable to you anyway as your visa expires shortly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.