ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply to switch to Tier 2 from Tier 4 without having received exam grades?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

How to apply to switch to Tier 2 from Tier 4 without having received exam grades?

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Sun May 19, 2019 12:09 am

Hi,

I am Tier 4 student who will graduate in September. My exams will finish by the end of May however I will only receive my results at the end of June. I have a job lined up at a company and they are trying to get my visa process started. I would start working in August. They asked for a certificate from my university, however the certificate my unviersity provided says that my expected completion date is the 7th of June. The company said that need the confirmed date, not the expected.

I read that you can apply for the Tier 2 from 3 months to the end of your course - how would I go about this? Do I need to ask my university for something in specific?

Furthermore, if I have to wait till the end of June(when I get my results), can I ask my company to put me on a temporary summer internship contract and then to start the process in August, when I return instead(then they will switch me to the 'real' contract)? I ask this because I would really like to travel during my last summer and also to spend it with my family instead of waiting on a visa. I know that you can work until the end of your visa after your final year, provided it is not a permanent job.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: How to apply to switch to Tier 2 from Tier 4 without having received exam grades?

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 19, 2019 9:24 am

When does your tier 4 visa expiry?

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: How to apply to switch to Tier 2 from Tier 4 without having received exam grades?

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Sun May 19, 2019 12:25 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:24 am
When does your tier 4 visa expiry?
It expires in October.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 19, 2019 11:21 pm

Work with the company prepared to Sponsor you on your Tier 4 visa after your study period is completed and once you have your confirmation of results then they can issue you the COS.

ArunOnline
Newly Registered

Post by ArunOnline » Mon May 20, 2019 12:07 pm

There is no need to wait for results now after the changes announced in 2018. If the term date is over and have attended all exams and submitted assessments/project then you can apply right away.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Post-study work
28.8 You do not have to carry out a resident labour market test if a migrant you want to sponsor is already in the UK and is applying to switch into Tier 2 (General) leave and has, or was last granted leave to enter, or to remain in, the UK under one of the following:
• Tier 1 (Post-Study Work)
• Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
• where they have, or were last granted, leave as a Tier 4 migrant or as a
student and during their last grant of leave, or a continuous period of leave, that includes their last grant of leave, they have completed either:
o a course leading to a UK recognised bachelor’s or master’s degree o a course leading to a UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education or a
Professional Graduate Diploma of Education
o a minimum of 12 months study in the UK towards a UK PhD
Note: from 12 November 2015, only Tier 4 migrants and students whose last sponsor was either:
▪ a UK recognised body or a body in receipt of public funding as a higher education institution from the Department of Employment and Learning in Northern Ireland, the Higher Education Funding Council for England, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales or the Scottish Funding Council
▪ an overseas higher education institution to undertake a short- term study abroad programme in the United Kingdom
▪ an Embedded College offering Pathway Courses
will be able to change immigration status (switch) into Tier 2 (General)
leave from within the UK.

This paragraph suggests that the individual has to have completed their course before they are exempt from RLMT.

Completed means successfully completed and therefore have the results.