ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get a Sponsorship for Tier 2 VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mukherjees123
Newly Registered
India

How to get a Sponsorship for Tier 2 VISA

Post by mukherjees123 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:07 am

Hi All, I am new to this board so please forgive me in case I am posting something inaccurate. I am looking to contact , apply and get a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) from an UK based company authorized to hire foreign workers. Based on that COS I can then apply for a Tier 2 VISA. However, my current job will not allow me to fly down to UK and start interacting with these companies. Hence in this case only option for me is to sit in my home country India and start applying on random websites. I have been trying this since last few years but did not get any positive response. I am an IT Consultant with working experience in UK (2014-2015, Milton Keynes ,xxxxxxx, UK).

Please, can someone guide me what could be best possible way to find what I am looking for (based on my situation). I am really looking forward to come down and work in UK.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Re: How to get a Sponsorship for Tier 2 VISA

Post by Hopeful42 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:25 am

Your best course of action would be to search jobs advertised through online job search sites that suit your qualifications. If you find an advertised role that you’re interested in/would have the skills for I would suggest contacting them before applying and asking if they are able to accept applications from candidates requiring sponsorship. If they say that they can then apply for the role. You don’t need to be in the UK for any of this process.

Please note that if your job is not on the skilled shortages list a company wanting to hire you would have to complete a Resident Labor Market Test. This means that they would have to advertise the role for at least 28 days (either continuous or in stages) and then prove that there were no settled British or EU applicants that could do the job.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to get a Sponsorship for Tier 2 VISA

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 am

Best to look through the HO approved Tier 2 sponsor list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf

Also, 'IT Consultant' is a very broad term. You need to focus on what your exact qualifications and experience is and market this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.