ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sujit89
Newly Registered
India

ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa Extension

Post by sujit89 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:05 am

Hi Team,

I am currently on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa and it is valid till 29th April, 2020 and I am eligible for an extension.

Now i am in India for my maternity leave, i want to do an extension of the visa as my current employer has asked to go for it. I can travel to UK by end of April, 2020.

Could someone please help me if I can apply for extension from India. And if yes, when should I do that, can i do just before expiring of the current visa i.e. before 29th April, 2020.

Thanks, Sujit

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa Extension

Post by poper » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:07 pm

sujit89 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:05 am
Hi Team,

I am currently on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Visa and it is valid till 29th April, 2020 and I am eligible for an extension.

Now i am in India for my maternity leave, i want to do an extension of the visa as my current employer has asked to go for it. I can travel to UK by end of April, 2020.

Could someone please help me if I can apply for extension from India. And if yes, when should I do that, can i do just before expiring of the current visa i.e. before 29th April, 2020.

Thanks, Sujit
In my opinion.
You/Your employer can start the paperwork whilst you are away from the UK. However, you will need to be in the UK for biometrics.
You cannot complete your extension while outside the UK
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.