ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Fee for Spouse (Dependent Visa)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hp178
Newly Registered
India

IHS Fee for Spouse (Dependent Visa)

Post by hp178 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi All,

I have just applied for a Skilled Worker Visa to the UK (company sponsored) and am waiting for my VFS appointment next week. My wife has also started the application for a dependent visa, but we are facing an issue regarding the IHS payment.

I have made the payment of 1872 GBP (INR 1.96l). But when my wife goes to the IHS page the ask is for 2.30l (approx 2,200 GBP). Also, on the IHS site they are mandatorily asking for details of "Person you will be joining or remaining with in the UK". Whereas, we have clearly stated in the application that we will be traveling together.

I have checked the IHS Fee Calculator and it shows 1,872 GBP when I start with "Coming to the UK with dependants" and 2,184 GBP when I select "Applying to join somebody (a main applicant) in the UK".

I have reviewed the application a bunch of times, but I am not sure why IHS is assuming that the application is to join someone in UK.

Could someone please explain what we are doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Far123
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: IHS Fee for Spouse (Dependent Visa)

Post by Far123 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:59 pm

hp178 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 pm
Hi All,

I have just applied for a Skilled Worker Visa to the UK (company sponsored) and am waiting for my VFS appointment next week. My wife has also started the application for a dependent visa, but we are facing an issue regarding the IHS payment.

I have made the payment of 1872 GBP (INR 1.96l). But when my wife goes to the IHS page the ask is for 2.30l (approx 2,200 GBP). Also, on the IHS site they are mandatorily asking for details of "Person you will be joining or remaining with in the UK". Whereas, we have clearly stated in the application that we will be traveling together.

I have checked the IHS Fee Calculator and it shows 1,872 GBP when I start with "Coming to the UK with dependants" and 2,184 GBP when I select "Applying to join somebody (a main applicant) in the UK".

I have reviewed the application a bunch of times, but I am not sure why IHS is assuming that the application is to join someone in UK.

Could someone please explain what we are doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

Could you find any solution? I am at the same situation as you.