ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 4 years (not 5) for HSMP and maybe for WP (Tier 2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ced
Newly Registered

ILR after 4 years (not 5) for HSMP and maybe for WP (Tier 2)

Post by ced » Wed May 13, 2009 4:24 pm

A Judicial Review is brought that all HSMP holders that entered country before 3 April 2006 will be allowed to apply for ILR after 4 years (not 5).
Check Home Office links here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ainforhsmp

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... inforhsmp1

Same rules should be applied for WP (Work Permit - Tier 2) holders who entered country before 3 April 2006, but unfortunately Judicial Review applies only for HSMP holders.

If you are Work Permit - Tier 2 holder that entered country before 3 April 2006 or you simple support idea that same rules should be applied for HSMP and WP holders (as was the case all the time until now), you can sign a petition here (you must be UK resident in order to sign):

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/workpermit-ilr/

Harshid
Newly Registered

Post by Harshid » Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 pm

If the e petition for WP holders is closing on 14th june, and results of HSMP JR is being implemented on or before 20th may as stated by the UKBA...I am just wondering how would any outcome of epetition will co relate with the already implemented policy and how long it will take for UKBA to implement the same for WP holders.

Is there any way to close the e petition before 20th May ( as we have got sufficent signatures)..so we know where we stand and what further actions are required.

Any ideas?

ced
Newly Registered

Post by ced » Thu May 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Good point, but I'm not sure we have enough signatures.
Petition was raised by Mervin Xavier (known as mervinsx on this website) and I think I've read some of his posts where he said we need at least a few thousand signatures in order that petition is considered seriously.
So be active and chase people (friends, relatives) to sign it (as I'm doing).

salmanakram

Post by salmanakram » Sun May 24, 2009 11:29 pm

ced wrote:Good point, but I'm not sure we have enough signatures.
Petition was raised by Mervin Xavier (known as mervinsx on this website) and I think I've read some of his posts where he said we need at least a few thousand signatures in order that petition is considered seriously.
So be active and chase people (friends, relatives) to sign it (as I'm doing).
Hello All,
I have now setup our new webpage and a message board. Please visit www.immigrantwelfare.co.uk for furthe details. From now on all official communication/plans will be on OUR Business Message Board. Our Business Bank Account is also setup. Will finalise by Tuesday/Wednesday this week and give details on OUR message board. PLEASE NOTE REGISTRATION TO THE BOARD IS CLOSED FOR NOW, SINCE WE WANT TO CONCENTRATE ON USING THAT AS A VEHICLE TO COMMUNICATE INFO TO ALL. WE DONT WANT IDEAS ON THE BOARD, WE NEED YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT and MORAL SUPPORT.

Please send me an email on salmanakram@immigrantwelfare.co.uk for any more info that you would like to see on our official forum.

Regards,
Salman Akram

loverboy4alluk

this website has more than 3000 petetion sign

Post by loverboy4alluk » Sun May 24, 2009 11:35 pm

tomcat
Newly Registered

Re: this website has more than 3000 petetion sign

Post by tomcat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am

What about people entered the country before 2006. i.e. I have been in UK since 2004 , studied here and paid very high fees etc. I have been HSMP after 2006.
How will the JR or any new rules effect us?

ced
Newly Registered

Post by ced » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:30 am

Student time does not count.
If you got your HSMP before April 2006 you can apply after 4 years, that's official.
If you got it after April 2006, you must wait 5 years.

AntCoe

What About Those That Were Given 4 Year UK Ancestry??

Post by AntCoe » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 am

Will UK Ancestry be included in the struggle to freedom ?

Thanks

AntCoe