ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependants (Tier 2 General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

reachedwin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR for dependants (Tier 2 General)

Post by reachedwin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi

My wife is currently on Tier 2 General Work visa and will be applying for her ILR first (in Sept 2019) I have two questions. We have two children but they entered along with me and will be due for ILR in Feb 2020.
I have two questions
1. Can the children apply along with my wife (their mother) in Sept 2019?
2. Does my wife need to continue working with the same employer until the dependants (me and children) apply in Feb 2020 or can she leave her job before that?

Many thanks for your replies.

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependants (Tier 2 General)

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:49 pm

1. No they cannot. They will qualify to apply for ILR when you do next year.

2. No she does not. Once she has ILR she is free to change jobs. PBS Dependents are dependent on the spouse/parent and NOT the Tier 2 sponsoring employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

reachedwin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reachedwin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:49 pm
1. No they cannot. They will qualify to apply for ILR when you do next year.

2. No she does not. Once she has ILR she is free to change jobs. PBS Dependents are dependent on the spouse/parent and NOT the Tier 2 sponsoring employer.
thank you so much for your prompt response. with regards to the second point, doesn't my wife need to show payslips from the current employer for ILR of dependants? If she leaves the job and doesn't work at all will she still be able to apply for dependants ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 pm

with regards to the second point, doesn't my wife need to show payslips from the current employer for ILR of dependants?
No.
If she leaves the job and doesn't work at all will she still be able to apply for dependants ILR?
Yes. Presumably you work and the family unit won't be relying on public funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

reachedwin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by reachedwin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 pm
with regards to the second point, doesn't my wife need to show payslips from the current employer for ILR of dependants?
No.
If she leaves the job and doesn't work at all will she still be able to apply for dependants ILR?
Yes. Presumably you work and the family unit won't be relying on public funds.
thank you so very much for your prompt and kindly advice once again. Very much appreciated!