ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query for child born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

morty25
Newly Registered

ILR Query for child born in UK

Post by morty25 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 am

Dear Adviser,
I would really appreciate if you could provide some answers to my query.
I am currently in the process of obtaining ILR as I will be completing 5 years in Tier 2 general work permit visa. My spouse holds a Tier 2 dependent visa for last 2 years hence not eligible for ILR at this time.
I have UK-born daughter (born in April 2017) who is currently in India. My child holds an Indian passport obtained from Indian consulate in Birmingham but she doesn't hold any Tier 2 dependent child visa at the time of travel. (as we had to travel in short period, I couldn't obtain the visa in right time)

Question: What category of visa should I apply for my child while coming back (next year) to UK considering that one of the parent holds ILR and other Parent in Tier 2 dependent visa?
Is my child eligible for settlement same as my category (ILR) ? or Do I have to apply for Family visa and wait for completion of 5 years in order to eligible for ILR?
In what category of visa should I extend the visa for my spouse?

Thanks
Murthy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Query for child born in UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:41 am

Same visa as the mother, Tier 2 General dependent child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

morty25
Newly Registered

Post by morty25 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Thanks CR001 for your response.
Actually I will get ILR by next month, and I am planning to apply visa for my child once my ILR application is successful, in that case my child cannot apply Tier 2 child dependent visa, isn't it? because the main applicant no longer holds Tier 2 general but a ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 pm

morty25 wrote:Thanks CR001 for your response.
Actually I will get ILR by next month, and I am planning to apply visa for my child once my ILR application is successful, in that case my child cannot apply Tier 2 child dependent visa, isn't it? because the main applicant no longer holds Tier 2 general but a ILR.
If your spouse holds a Tier 2 dependent visa then the child must apply for the same visa, assuming your spouse still has valid leave to remain.

The rules permit this. The child will follow the same path as the other parent. You cannot apply for a different visa category unless you apply for both spouse and child at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

morty25
Newly Registered

Post by morty25 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Yes, my spouse hold valid Tier 2 dependent visa until late 2018. Based on your reply, I have to apply for Tier 2 child dependent visa.
Once my spouse tier 2 dependent visa is about to expire, then which category visa should I switch my dependents (Tier 2 dependent visa more than 3 years or Family visa of a settled member) considering that I will be ILR from 2017.
Is possible to extend the stay of tier 2 dependent visa if the main applicant is no more in Tier 2 visa (i.e. now in ILR)?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:27 pm

If you apply for ILR based on Tier 2 and 5 years residence, your dependents can continue to extend their PBS dependent visas till they qualify for ILR.

The rules are only different if you get ILR based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

morty25
Newly Registered

Post by morty25 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks for the clarification provided.
Can I register my child as a British Citizen once my ILR application is successful?
I understood from the application guidance that atleast one of the parents has to be settled in UK to register as british citizen.
If yes, Can I apply for UK passport for my child from India and surrender her current Indian passport?

morty25
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Child Dependent Visa for a ILR Migrant - Visa application refused

Post by morty25 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Dear Adviser,
I have applied for Tier 2 dependent Child Visa for my daughter Dec/2017. She was born in UK during April/2017 while I was holding Tier 2 General work permit Visa, since then I gained ILR status on Sep/2017.
She traveled to India with a Indian passport (without any Visa) and we applied a Tier 2 Dependent child Visa based on the Guidance - PBS based dependent Family member Version 12. from India and I have get some advise from Immigration board forums too.
Today I received an email from Chennai British High commission that the Visa category that I applied is incorrect and as I hold a ILR instead of a Tier 2 PBS visa. They referring to 319 (c) b(iii) immigration rules and asking me to withdraw the application to avoid refusal.

I have replied back with the references from PBS dependent family member guidlines from gov.uk.
Please advise whether my understanding is correct?? What is next possible actions to avoid Visa refusal??

Your advise much appreciated.
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:08 pm

They are referring to the wrong rules.

319C is for partner or spouse.
For child they should look at 319H(b)(ii) and issue visa in line with wife, under 319I.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:15 pm

As child was born in UK, he or she will be entitled to leave in line with dad.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:20 pm

I agree, under A277, A280(b), 304-309. Unfortunately, they may ignore these rules.

Alternatively, register child.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:20 pm
I agree, under A277, A280(b), 304-309. Unfortunately, they may ignore these rules.

In those circumstances, the person whose rights have been infringed or their parents will clearly be entitled to judicial redress, surely.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Yes, for example, dollypee. I'm waiting to hear what has happened next with them.

morty25
Newly Registered

Post by morty25 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Thank you vinny and obie for your reply.
So, do I have to withdraw the application and apply for settlement - child dependent visa.
Is there any way to reassess this case?? Is an email reply to the case worker is sufficient to reconsider this application or is there any other formal way ?

Regards
Moorthy

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Respond to the ECO's email. Refer him/her to the correct rules.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Refer to both possibilities:

1. A277, A280(b), 304-309.

2. 319H, 319I.

morty25
Newly Registered

Post by morty25 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks Vinny.
I have replied to ECO email and awaiting response.

I have another question, as the application is not yet refused or withdrawn at this stage. Is it possible to do variation application ? (2nd application being settlement - child of a settled person) I understand that I have to pay the difference in application fees.
I am just trying to prepare for the worst case outcome. Please advise your suggestions on this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am

To apply as a child of a settled person under Appendix FM, I think (E-ECC.1.6.) your wife would also have to apply as a spouse of a settled person. This would reset her qualifying period.

morty25
Newly Registered

Post by morty25 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Does my wife needs to switch to settlement visa right now ?? Or she can wait until the current tier 2 dependent expires. I understand that the continuous period will be resetted, based on my current experience from my child dependent visa application I may have to apply for spouse settlement visa instead of tier 2 dependent extension to avoid refusal.

General advise: did you come across any others facing this problem most recently 2017/2018?
I hope that my reply to ECO to grant leave to remain based of 319h works out.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 pm

There is no requirement for wife to switch to spouse of a settled person, if they granted your ILR under PBS.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:20 pm
Note that registration is an entitlement that makes any visa refusal moot.

rasheedekm
Newly Registered

Post by rasheedekm » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Dear Moorthy,

Have your problem solved regarding your child visa? could you please confirm which visa category you have finally got approved?

I am currently on the same situation like yours.

Your advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks