ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Fee for dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkouhsar
Newly Registered
Iran

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Fee for dependent

Post by mkouhsar » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Today, I applied for a skilled worker visa and want to apply for my wife's visa as my dependant at the same time (we will travel to the UK together). I applied for my wife via this link (Section "Apply from outside the UK"):

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

But I have a problem: When I want to pay for the IHS at the end of the application form, the system asks me to enter the main applicant expiry visa date (I am the main applicant) while I have not the visa now. I just have applied for it. Can please tell me which date should be entered in this section?

If I enter my work end date as the expiry date (my start date and end date as the main applicant are 1 June 2021 and 31 May 2023, respectively), the IHS fee is calculated wrongly: 2,257 USD (for 2 years and 6 months) instead of 1,806USD (for 2 years). Can you please help me to solve this problem?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Fee for dependent

Post by manci » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:03 pm

mkouhsar wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:15 pm
But I have a problem: When I want to pay for the IHS at the end of the application form, the system asks me to enter the main applicant expiry visa date (I am the main applicant) while I have not the visa now. I just have applied for it. Can please tell me which date should be entered in this section?
In your wife's application she'll need to put your application number. This number is called a Global Web Form (GWF) or a Unique Application Number (UAN) and will cross reference her application to yours. However, if they are still asking the same question in her application suggest to enter your work end date and in the Additional Information section at the end put an explanation
mkouhsar wrote:
If I enter my work end date as the expiry date (my start date and end date as the main applicant are 1 June 2021 and 31 May 2023, respectively), the IHS fee is calculated wrongly: 2,257 USD (for 2 years and 6 months) instead of 1,806USD (for 2 years). Can you please help me to solve this problem?
Check the dates you entered. The IHS calculator https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... er/Summary only gives a 2 year IHS charge for the dates you quoted
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

mkouhsar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by mkouhsar » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:10 pm

manci wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:03 pm
mkouhsar wrote:
In your wife's application she'll need to put your application number. This number is called a Global Web Form (GWF) or a Unique Application Number (UAN) and will cross reference her application to yours. However, if they are still asking the same question in her application suggest to enter your work end date and in the Additional Information section at the end put an explanation
mkouhsar wrote:
Check the dates you entered. The IHS calculator https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... er/Summary only gives a 2 year IHS charge for the dates you quoted
Dear menci, thank you for your reply. I added the GWF or UAN number for my wife, but the problem still remains!

mkouhsar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by mkouhsar » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:07 pm

I received this answer from a person who lives in the UK:

You could include the start date as the day you make payment and the end date as 2 years from the date you make payment. For example, if you pay today you could put a start date of 27 Apr 2021 and an end date of 26 Apr 2023. This way you will be paying the IHS for the required 2 years.

Hope be helpful for the others with the same problem :)

raj_blr
Newly Registered
India

Post by raj_blr » Mon May 17, 2021 3:26 am

Hi mkouhsar

I have the same issue. For dependent visa the system is asking for visa expiry date. Please let me know what you added as visa expiry? Or did you make any changes in the start and end date?

Thanks,
Raj