ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of COVID-19 on COS validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abiuk
Newly Registered

Impact of COVID-19 on COS validity

Post by abiuk » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi,

I would really appreciate it if someone share/tells about the impact of COVID-19 situation on COS validity.
Normally, an issued COS is valid for 3 months. But given the current situation, many (especially those who are switching the visa to Tier 2) would not be able to travel to their home country for applying for the visa.

What would happen to the validity of COS if the situation continues?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Impact of COVID-19 on COS validity

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 pm

At present it will simply become invalid and you will need a new CoS in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:16 pm

I got some information on gov visa website. What I understood from it is that those who can't travel to their home country due tp closed borders can apply from within the UK. Please correct me if I am wrong. Providing its link below. Might help others facing a similar situation.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 pm
At present it will simply become invalid and you will need a new CoS in the future.
Below is an extract from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents:

"If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term
During these unique circumstances, you’ll be able to apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to meet the same visa requirements and pay the UK application fee.

This includes those whose leave has already been automatically extended to 31 March 2020.

You can apply online. The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided."

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 pm

abiuk wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:16 pm
I got some information on the gov visa website. What I understood from it is that those who can't travel to their home country due to closed borders can apply from within the UK. Please correct me if I am wrong. Providing its link below. Might help others facing a similar situation.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
Can someone please confirm whether my understanding is correct or wrong? If it is correct then any idea about what is the exact process for it?

cevdetzsch
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by cevdetzsch » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi abiuk,

I have the same situation. I can't confirm because I haven't reached any authorities yet.
Has your query been confirmed by someone?
In addition to this, I currently have an application to apply outside the UK. If I cancel my current application, can I submit a new application?

Thanks.

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 pm

cevdetzsch wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:49 pm
Hi abiuk,

I have the same situation. I can't confirm because I haven't reached any authorities yet.
Has your query been confirmed by someone?
In addition to this, I currently have an application to apply outside the UK. If I cancel my current application, can I submit a new application?

Thanks.
“ If the 3 month period to assign the RCoS has expired and an RCoS is still required, please submit another RCoS application and email the Tier 2 Limit Team at Tier2Limits@homeoffice.gov.uk, stating the reason why the RCoS was not assigned or the visa application was not submitted. This further RCoS application will be considered outside of the monthly panel process.

If an RCoS has not been assigned the RCoS but is still within the 3 month window, it is recommended that you assign it as normal. If any delay occurs in relation to the migrant’s work start date in the UK, flexibility will be shown in terms of both the start and end dates.”

Response from CoronaVirus Immigration Team.
Hope this will help.

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:03 pm

So basically you can apply for Tier 2 visa from UK but only if your current visa is going to expire before or on 31st May. If your visa is not expiring before 31st May then you have to wait until you can travel to your home country and apply for the visa from there or wait for further instructions from the immigration team.

cevdetzsch
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by cevdetzsch » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:39 pm

My visa doesn't expire before the end of May. I have an application to make my visa application in my home country and I guess I need to wait until travel restrictions are removed.