Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain English Assesement

Only for UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 am

Indefinite Leave to Remain English Assesement

Post by Sia77 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:52 am


I have a question and I appreciate if someone can help me. I am applying for indefinite leave to remain in UK. I have Tier 2 (General) visa at the moment. I have MBA from Australia. In my application, it says applicants need English Test or a degree in English. In my check list, I see they ask for "NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK".

Is this still necessary for my degree from Australia?

Best Regards

Posts: 27884
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain English Assesement

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:48 am

2.2(a) wrote:iii) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification(not a professional or vocational qualification), which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK, from an educational establishment in one of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; The Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; Dominica; Grenada; Guyana; Ireland; Jamaica; New Zealand; St Kitts and Nevis; St Lucia; St Vincent and The Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago; the UK; the USA; and provides the specified documents;
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Post Reply