ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain - mixed visas how long.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maomaor
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain - mixed visas how long.

Post by maomaor » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 am

In addition to my other post a simpler question

February 2002 - November 2005 student visa
November 2005 - present employee sponsored work visa

No gap between visas

Any case for indefinite leave to remain?

Thank you in advance for any help

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:45 am

Not yet. 5 years required as a work permit holder (128-135).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

maomaor
Newly Registered

Post by maomaor » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:20 pm

vinny wrote:Not yet. 5 years required as a work permit holder (128-135).
I'm sure you're much more informed than me about it but it was actually the page you've quoted there that made me wonder:
Indefinite leave to remain for a work permit holder

134. Indefinite leave to remain may be granted on application to a person provided:

(i) he has spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a work permit holder (under paragraphs 128 to 133 of these rules), and the remainder must be any combination of leave as a work permit holder or leave as a highly skilled migrant (under paragraphs 135A to 135F of these rules) or leave as a self-employed lawyer (under the concession that appeared in Chapter 6, Section 1 Annex D of the Immigration Directorate Instructions), or leave as a writer, composer or artist (under paragraphs 232 to 237 of these rules);
That doesn't say the whole 5 years have to be on a work permit. It says that it has to be five years continuous and the last part on a work permit. Sorry, not trying to be difficult, just spent hours wading through that today and can't see where I'm going wrong.

Ok, I understood the paragraph now, there's a list beneath of what the previous visas could have been, not including student. I'm an idiot. Ignore me. :)