ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Intra company transfer for UK work permit holder? Confused!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stealth
- thin ice -

Intra company transfer for UK work permit holder? Confused!!

Post by stealth » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

My current situation:
1. I am currently living and working in the UK for the last 4 years in the work permit category.
2. My wife is under 'dependent work permit' holder and currently unemployed.

Offer: My company is offering a relocation to interested employees to USA but with the same company for upto 6monhts to 2years. and I am very keen on this proposition.

However I am not sure on the advantages and disadvantages on pursuing this offer. So your advise on the following will put some light...

1. I have spent 4 full years in the UK already in the 'work permit' category and if i spend another 1 year then i can apply for permanent residency in the UK. CAN I WORK IN THE USA FOR THE SAME BRITISH COMPANY AND STILL EARN THE NEXT 1 YEAR WHICH CAN BE COUNTED FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN THE UK?

2. I THINK WORKING IN THE USA WILL REQUIRE SEPARATE USA WORK VISA EVENTHOUGH I WILL WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY. WHAT TYPE OF VISA WILL THIS BE?

2. WHAT OTHER TYPE OF VISAS CAN MY COMPANY APPLY FOR BY WHICH I CAN RETAIN THE UK RESIDENCY AND STILL WORK IN THE USA?

Your advises will be much appreciated...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Please do not shout.

1. Maybe, but only if your salary is paid in UK, you pay income tax in UK, maintain a home in UK and visit UK within every 3 months.
2. Your company should advise you on that.
3. Your eligibility for UK permanent residency has nothing to do with what visa you travel to US on.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stealth
- thin ice -

Post by stealth » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 pm

thanks a lot...and sorry for the 'all caps' query...

what u mean by maintain a home in the UK? should this be a owned home or rented is fine too?
How long should I stay in the uk when i visit every 3 months...is there a specific time in a year that i need to be in the uk?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 pm

1. Maintaining a home in UK can be interpreted as maintaining close ties with UK which can include owning/renting a property, family present in UK etc. etc.
2. The limit on absences for ILR is 180 days in 5 years and no single absence exceeding 90 days. However, absences above 180 days are acceptable (and ignored at caseworker's discretion) when they are work related and evidence of the same is provided at the time of ILR application (letter from employer). But is there is an upper limit on such work related absences, I don't know.

regards