Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2018 Restricted COS

Only for UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
bbo
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:54 am
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by bbo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:30 pm

I see a lot of anticipation for an early result and lot of dejection about the delay. Trust, everyone agrees that a delayed response means HO and ministry is trying to consider how can docs and nurses be move out of RCOS in June itself since PM said 'immediate effect' and therefore HO is holding back the decision for common good.

If we receive the outcomes early like all other months be sure that its business as usual and docs are nurses are to get RCOS for june for sure. Your chances then reduce drastically and only hope is July for 44+ and August for 30+ folks

So, hope everyone understands that delay is positive sign for folks under 55.

optimist08
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am
Australia

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by optimist08 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:52 pm

bbo wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:30 pm
I see a lot of anticipation for an early result and lot of dejection about the delay. Trust, everyone agrees that a delayed response means HO and ministry is trying to consider how can docs and nurses be move out of RCOS in June itself since PM said 'immediate effect' and therefore HO is holding back the decision for common good.

If we receive the outcomes early like all other months be sure that its business as usual and docs are nurses are to get RCOS for june for sure. Your chances then reduce drastically and only hope is July for 44+ and August for 30+ folks

So, hope everyone understands that delay is positive sign for folks under 55.
100% agree with you. One hundred percent.

blitzkrieg333
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:58 pm

optimist08 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 pm
UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 pm
optimist08 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm
Hi guys, Im with 44 points non-sol non NHS.

And I was informed by the HR yesterday that my RCOS status was showing “pending” under the SMS portal. I had also written to the immigration firm which is handling my tier 2 process asking about the delay. This is what I have recieved just now (extracting the relevant para from the email)

“While we are not in a position to conclusively tell you the exact reason for the delay, informal sources have indicated that the results should be out by 22nd of this month.”

W
If we can all at least know the outcome by 22nd, I already consider that as a success...
Hahahaha, Ive now reached a level where I no longer feel sad. Im just amused. Amused at how much worse it can get. :D
I know that state too - being stuck since December! I now feel numb to all this, because it can't get worse than what we all have been through!

blitzkrieg333
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:58 pm

bbo wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:30 pm
I see a lot of anticipation for an early result and lot of dejection about the delay. Trust, everyone agrees that a delayed response means HO and ministry is trying to consider how can docs and nurses be move out of RCOS in June itself since PM said 'immediate effect' and therefore HO is holding back the decision for common good.

If we receive the outcomes early like all other months be sure that its business as usual and docs are nurses are to get RCOS for june for sure. Your chances then reduce drastically and only hope is July for 44+ and August for 30+ folks

So, hope everyone understands that delay is positive sign for folks under 55.
I completely agree with this reasoning. Wait is seldom good, but it sure is in this case!

voldy1990
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 pm
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by voldy1990 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:05 pm

bbo wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:30 pm
I see a lot of anticipation for an early result and lot of dejection about the delay. Trust, everyone agrees that a delayed response means HO and ministry is trying to consider how can docs and nurses be move out of RCOS in June itself since PM said 'immediate effect' and therefore HO is holding back the decision for common good.

If we receive the outcomes early like all other months be sure that its business as usual and docs are nurses are to get RCOS for june for sure. Your chances then reduce drastically and only hope is July for 44+ and August for 30+ folks

So, hope everyone understands that delay is positive sign for folks under 55.
Indeed. All's well that ends well. Just hoping this is actually the reason of the delay. Because otherwise it makes no sense.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33 am
Sri Lanka

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by cali1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm

one possibility could be they club June and July RCOs together and give them out next month ? since the government rules are applicable from 6th July , maybe they just want to wait till the next allocation.. this is just speculation though they would have over 4000 RCOs for July this way

optimist08
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am
Australia

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by optimist08 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 pm

cali1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm
one possibility could be they club June and July RCOs together and give them out next month ? since the government rules are applicable from 6th July , maybe they just want to wait till the next allocation.. this is just speculation though they would have over 4000 RCOs for July this way
This is exactly what I had also said earlier. That its possible the decision might come after 6th july for a combined allocation of RCOS for the month of june and july.

optimist08
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am
Australia

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by optimist08 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm

The only problem is that if such a thing was taking place then it would be surely on the website or be notified to the employers. Dont know. Lets patiently wait for a few more days hopefully. We have anyway waited for so long. We should be used it. :D

OneAnxiousTeacher
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm
United States of America

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm

optimist08 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The only problem is that if such a thing was taking place then it would be surely on the website or be notified to the employers. Dont know. Lets patiently wait for a few more days hopefully. We have anyway waited for so long. We should be used it. :D
Here's a little joke: I had thought it would be fast and easy to obtain my visa, just signing a few papers and submitting a document or two :) :D :lol: This is the first time I'm waiting to hear on a decision; I don't know how the rest of you have kept up this nail-biting wait for even longer :)

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we'll get our positive outcomes this week.

astana
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:30 am
Australia

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by astana » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm

I too thought it would be easy and up to November last year, it was. I used to think that finding a sponsoring employer was the worst bit and too hard to accomplish

Anyway, it would be impractical to collapse June and July into one month and employers would have to be informed as it would effectively cause several months of delays. I’m hoping that no news is good news and that the backlog will start clearing for this month and give this 30+ applicant some hope, I am running out of time

aditri
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 5:24 am
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by aditri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 am

OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm
optimist08 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The only problem is that if such a thing was taking place then it would be surely on the website or be notified to the employers. Dont know. Lets patiently wait for a few more days hopefully. We have anyway waited for so long. We should be used it. :D
Here's a little joke: I had thought it would be fast and easy to obtain my visa, just signing a few papers and submitting a document or two :) :D :lol: This is the first time I'm waiting to hear on a decision; I don't know how the rest of you have kept up this nail-biting wait for even longer :)

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we'll get our positive outcomes this week.
I had thought the same. Hence i bought cricket world cup tickets as soon as my employer applied for RCoS.

UKTier2June2018
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 am
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 am

aditri wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 am
OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm
optimist08 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The only problem is that if such a thing was taking place then it would be surely on the website or be notified to the employers. Dont know. Lets patiently wait for a few more days hopefully. We have anyway waited for so long. We should be used it. :D
Here's a little joke: I had thought it would be fast and easy to obtain my visa, just signing a few papers and submitting a document or two :) :D :lol: This is the first time I'm waiting to hear on a decision; I don't know how the rest of you have kept up this nail-biting wait for even longer :)

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we'll get our positive outcomes this week.
I had thought the same. Hence i bought cricket world cup tickets as soon as my employer applied for RCoS.
Not sure if it is too ambitious - For people waiting for June allocations, I think if we all can start working for our respective UK employer before the World Cup Final, I think that is a victory for everyone...

advent26
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:38 am
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by advent26 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:44 am

Guys,
I think we are simply over reacting and causing unnecessary spamming. Kindly refrain from posting if you dont have info from a verified source. Its hard to scroll down so many pages and posts, only to find most of it as speculative, irrelevant and desparate.

blitzkrieg333
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:02 am

aditri wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 am
OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm
optimist08 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The only problem is that if such a thing was taking place then it would be surely on the website or be notified to the employers. Dont know. Lets patiently wait for a few more days hopefully. We have anyway waited for so long. We should be used it.
Here's a little joke: I had thought it would be fast and easy to obtain my visa, just signing a few papers and submitting a document or two :) :D :lol: This is the first time I'm waiting to hear on a decision; I don't know how the rest of you have kept up this nail-biting wait for even longer

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we'll get our positive outcomes this week.
I had thought the same. Hence i bought cricket world cup tickets as soon as my employer applied for RCoS.
Haha......back in December, I wanted to buy the India-England test match tickets at Lords, which is from 9–13 August. But decided to wait until I get my RCoS or visa. And looked how it turned out! :cry:

blitzkrieg333
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 am

UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 am
aditri wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 am
OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm
optimist08 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The only problem is that if such a thing was taking place then it would be surely on the website or be notified to the employers. Dont know. Lets patiently wait for a few more days hopefully. We have anyway waited for so long. We should be used it. :D
Here's a little joke: I had thought it would be fast and easy to obtain my visa, just signing a few papers and submitting a document or two :) :D :lol: This is the first time I'm waiting to hear on a decision; I don't know how the rest of you have kept up this nail-biting wait for even longer :)

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we'll get our positive outcomes this week.
I had thought the same. Hence i bought cricket world cup tickets as soon as my employer applied for RCoS.
Not sure if it is too ambitious - For people waiting for June allocations, I think if we all can start working for our respective UK employer before the World Cup Final, I think that is a victory for everyone...
Cricket World Cup final is on 14 July 2019, which is more than an year from now. I am sure this mess would clear before that!

UKTier2June2018
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 am
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 am

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 am
UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 am
aditri wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 am
OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm


Here's a little joke: I had thought it would be fast and easy to obtain my visa, just signing a few papers and submitting a document or two :) :D :lol: This is the first time I'm waiting to hear on a decision; I don't know how the rest of you have kept up this nail-biting wait for even longer :)

Best of luck to everyone, and hopefully we'll get our positive outcomes this week.
I had thought the same. Hence i bought cricket world cup tickets as soon as my employer applied for RCoS.
Not sure if it is too ambitious - For people waiting for June allocations, I think if we all can start working for our respective UK employer before the World Cup Final, I think that is a victory for everyone...
Cricket World Cup final is on 14 July 2019, which is more than an year from now. I am sure this mess would clear before that!
Hope so too although I wouldn't speak too soon

krimurthy
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 am
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by krimurthy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:16 am

Just don't predict anything, be ready for things to come. Let's not get carried away.

Jabba03
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:50 pm
Australia

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Jabba03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:29 am

Hopefully some news today, please post if you hear from your lawyers or HR about any information, as mentioned previously kindly please don't fill up this topic with general chat as it becomes hard to sift through.

Good luck all!

m2rkk
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by m2rkk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:26 am

On 31 points and just received email notification that the application for RCOS has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS in June. Fingers crossed for next month although next month i’ll have 42 points.

UKTier2June2018
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 am
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:30 am

m2rkk wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:26 am
On 31 points and just received email notification that the application for RCOS has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS in June. Fingers crossed for next month although next month i’ll have 42 points.
Sorry to hear that - hope next month goes smoothly for you - thank you for the update

Locked
cron