ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost decision letter - Can not register with police

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agapi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Lost decision letter - Can not register with police

Post by agapi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:10 pm

I have received my new Tier-2 BRP card in August 2018. While gathering documents for my upcoming ILR application (aiming mid-Feb), I have realised that I had forgotten to register the new visa / card with the police so I have attended my appointment with Overseas Visitors Office this morning for registration. They refused to register the BRP card because I was unable to provide the Home Office Decision Letter. I believe I lost this whilst moving to my new address.

I am worried that my ILR application might be refused or delayed if I don't get my current visa and address recorded in the Police Registration Form. I was advised to contact Home Office and have sent emails to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and BRPCollection@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but given their rather aggressive automated replies, I am not sure if they will even consider my case and reply back.

- What is the correct email / post address to use for such an inquiry? Automated replies from above addresses state that action will be taken only if correct email address is used.
- Would the result of ILR application (aiming premium service mid Feb) without the latest BRP recorded on Police Registration Form be catastrophic?
- Any other advice appreciated.

Many thanks and regards.

T

agapi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Lost decision letter - Can not register with police

Post by agapi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:53 pm

UPDATE: Incredibly, Home Office replied within an hour, stating they arranged for a duplicate decision letter to be sent to my address! :-)

For future reference, correct email address for this inquiry is: AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

milad_heidari
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: Lost decision letter - Can not register with police

Post by milad_heidari » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:56 am

Dear Agapi,

I am facing a similar problem and I sent an email yesterday to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as you suggested. I haven't received a reply yet.

my question is that did you have a conversation with them or you mentioned all your details in yourfirst mail and they replied back by saying that they arranged for a duplicate decision letter to be sent to your address?

Thanks in advance. :wink: