ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main applicant ILR - PBS dependent application extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

theavon
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Main applicant ILR - PBS dependent application extension

Post by theavon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:33 am

Hello,

I have recently received my ILR through Tier 2 route (5 years). My wife applied for her PBS dependent Tier 2 extension after my ILR and got refused because we submitted a sponsor maintenance letter instead of bank statements as we got confused with the application saying either is okay and not reading the guidance head to toe (it only mentions in the end that ILR sponsors cannot certify).

My wife's current tier 2 expires Mar 18 2020 and we are able to show maintenance proof only between 20 December 2019 to 20 March 2020. How do we now proceed without her having to leave the country and applying again from outside the UK ?

I read somewhere that you can make a family route application just before the end of the visa and then after the period when I can show proof maintenance (which is 20th March), make another application for tier 2 dependent extension. And that the home office would ask you which one they want us to proceed with. is that true ? any other advise is appreciated if any.

Thanks

theavon
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Main applicant ILR - PBS dependent application extension

Post by theavon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi,

Can someone please advise. I keep reading about varying may work. Can you make one application before BRP expiry and then vary to another route a few days after the BRP expiry ?. In that case do you get a refund for the original application as you have now varied ?.

Appreciate your help.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Apply for tier 2 extension before visa expiry.
Book your biometrics appointment to a later date, say by March 31. You have time till the biometric appointment to upload all your documents.
I think you have a good 7-8 weeks time after your submit your extension application to complete the biometrics. Your application process will show you the date by which biometrics needs completion
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

theavon
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by theavon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi,

Shouldn't the bank statement be dated just before the application date and cant be after ? given the maintenance requirement gets satisfied only on 20th March I cant make an application just before expiry no ? or am in wrong ?

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:39 pm

poper wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:21 pm
Apply for tier 2 extension before visa expiry.
Book your biometrics appointment to a later date, say by March 31. You have time till the biometric appointment to upload all your documents.
I think you have a good 7-8 weeks time after your submit your extension application to complete the biometrics. Your application process will show you the date by which biometrics needs completion
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm

theavon wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:26 pm
Hi,

Shouldn't the bank statement be dated just before the application date and cant be after ? Shouldn't matter. Your case gets decided based on your biometrics submission date given the maintenance requirement gets satisfied only on 20th March I cant make an application just before expiry no ? or am in wrong ?

Thanks

theavon
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by theavon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Thank you but Sorry I'm still not sure you are right as on the guidance its says the following
Personal bank or building society statements covering the 90 day period immediately before the application.. Can I please have a second opinion on this one ?