ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical Treatment Query Concerns - Please help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinakuma
Newly Registered
India

Medical Treatment Query Concerns - Please help

Post by vinakuma » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:02 am

Hello,

I am applying for a Skilled Worker Visa and am stuck with the question "Have you ever been given medical treatment in the UK?"
Please can you advise a way forward considering Background and Current Situation described below.

Background:

1) I have been in the UK a number of times, all on T2 ICT that were more than 6 months and for around 1 year.

2) During my visit in 2012, I got a minor surgery on my hand, for that I was asked to pay the NHS. I made the payment to the NHS and got reimbursed by travel insurance. At that time I was not having NHS registration, but after the surgery I got registered and got the NHS card. Since then I have not been asked for payment for NHS services.

3) In 2012 itself I applied for a visa extension. I don't remember if the same/similar question about medical treatment was there at that time. However in my subsequent applications (in 2014 and 2018) I seem to remember that same/similar question was there and my company's travel team used to put NO as answer. I once (during my review/sign-off on printed application) clarified this and was told that it's irrelevant because a) I don't have major medical conditions and b) T2 ICT (more than 6 months) are entitled for NHS and exempted for any NHS debt. I seem to be convinced with it reading the link below and presume my applications got successful even if I answered NO.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf

Current Situation:
This time I am applying for the Skilled Worker Visa myself, and realizing the gravity of the question as Its prompting for further questions with descriptions regarding emergency and non-emergency, paid or not paid treatments etc. I am no longer with the company now, so I don't know whether the question was having the same gravity earlier because during my review on the printed application I only got the question without that much details that appears online today.

Now I am very much concerned on how to proceed with the application as -

a) If I answer it as NO, then I am being dishonest again, and would it be a deception.
b) If I answer it as Yes, and mention 2012 treatment, then would it be treated as a deception in my previous applications.

Please can you advise me on this. It's becoming very stressful to me.

vinakuma
Newly Registered
India

Re: Medical Treatment Query Concerns - Please help

Post by vinakuma » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:52 am

Hi Moderators - a response back would be much apricated. Thanks

ywlgy

Re: Medical Treatment Query Concerns - Please help

Post by ywlgy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:23 pm

Note that if you select yes, you will need to upload evidence that you have paid for the medical bill.