ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor Gap in 10 yr ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yassertufail
Newly Registered

Minor Gap in 10 yr ILR

Post by yassertufail » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi,

I have been through a detailed literature review of the ILR requirements on their website.

In short , I have a 10 yr valid history with only a period of 1 month 24 days where I had made a delayed application to the HO for one of my student visas. They granted be the subsequent visa, which hopefully also shows that they were fine with me making a delayed application.

I am currenlty a WP holder.

Is there any chance that the Home Office can consider any discretion in my case?

I have checked and meet all other requirements of the ILR.

Regards
Yasser

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:58 pm

It may depend on the reasons for the delay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Minor Gap in 10 yr ILR

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 pm

yassertufail wrote:Hi,

I have been through a detailed literature review of the ILR requirements on their website.

In short , I have a 10 yr valid history with only a period of 1 month 24 days where I had made a delayed application to the HO for one of my student visas. They granted be the subsequent visa, which hopefully also shows that they were fine with me making a delayed application.

I am currenlty a WP holder.

Is there any chance that the Home Office can consider any discretion in my case?

I have checked and meet all other requirements of the ILR.

Regards
Yasser
1. 10 years rule and if u submit 1 application not more than 10days then discretion shud be used.
2. If more late applications then its a problem.
3. If u can provide a reason that why u made a late application then it wud be fine (U were in hospital or any other valid reason to justify that)

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:40 pm

This is not a minor gap, under 10 year LR any gap of more than 10 days is significant.

As everyone else said if you can justify the reasons you may have a very slim chance otherwise it would be difficult.
Magsi

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:33 pm

magsi23 wrote:This is not a minor gap, under 10 year LR any gap of more than 10 days is significant.

As everyone else said if you can justify the reasons you may have a very slim chance otherwise it would be difficult.
Can you please use the quote as i thought u were replying to my post. Was confused about u answer.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:06 am

ash786 wrote:
Can you please use the quote as i thought u were replying to my post. Was confused about u answer.
I was responding to OP's title of this thread.
Magsi