ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More than 180 days outside UK - Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Travelloner
Newly Registered
India

More than 180 days outside UK - Tier 2

Post by Travelloner » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I currently have a Tier 2 ICT visa in the UK. In the month of October we decided to travel to India for my wife's pregnancy. After that because of the surge in covid cases in the UK I decided to stay back in india until the condition back in the UK improved. Unfortunately in the month of December my father met with an accident that left him hospitalised and in a very serious condition. I had to extend my stay in india to take care of him. After almost three months of battle my father passed away last week. Now I have to stay back in india to take care formalities. Now because of these unfortunate incidents I have already stayed more than 180 days in india. I continued to pay my rent in the UK and also pay all my bills back in the UK. Now the question is will I have trouble when I decide to go back to the UK? Since I'm on tier 2 ICT I'm not eligible for ILR. Will my current visa have any issues?