ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple salary increase - risk to ILR?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haryho
Cameroon

Multiple salary increase - risk to ILR?

Post by Haryho » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi all,

I got my tier 2 visa late 2017 with a salary above the SOC experience limit. A year and half later I agreed with the business a salary cut due to the business making loss, I still was higher than the SOC experienced rate.

6 months later I've had a 20% pay rise as I took on more duties. Another 15% after another 6 months taking me 2k short of my original pay.

The business now wants to promote me and offered me 21% pay rise, I've not confirmed yet as I'm worried this would affect my ILR which is due in two months.

All updates are noted on SMS and I have letters from the sponsor explaining the whole situation.

If I accept the promotion would this jeopardise the ILR application?

Also, do I need to submit the letter regarding salary reduction and then multiple increases or it's not needed?

Thanks

srsw

Re: Multiple salary increase - risk to ILR?

Post by srsw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:08 pm

If your new job is with the same employer and falls within the same soc code then you should be ok right?

If you are worried, why not take the job once you get your ILR sorted.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Haryho
Cameroon

Post by Haryho » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Thanks for your reply.

My worry is that if I don't take the promotion, the officer will find that my current salary is 2k short of the one I applied for and it might trigger a flag and making the process unnecessary complex.

If I take the promotion I'm guessing it wouldn't trigger the unnecessary flag as it's higher than the salary I applied with?

Any thoughts will help...

NAR00
Mood:

Post by NAR00 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 pm

I don't think it is an issue if you are applying to ILR with a higher salary - have not come across any restrictions as such.

I am keen to hear back from the valuable members of this board on any restrictions if one is applying to ILR with a salary less than what is stated on the CoS used for the latest leave to remain?? Any help on this is highly appreciated.

I recently took a 10% paycut that will reduce my annual salary to less than what is stated on my CoS. My employer notified the UKVI (NO new CoS/leave to remain is required as such since this is part of a company-wide pay cut). My only concern is this reduction may result in the ILR application getting rejected once the UKVI office finds out that my salary was reduced to less than what is stated on the CoS. Can you please advise?

NAR00
Mood:

Post by NAR00 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Kindly note even with this salary reduction, it is still higher then the minimum threshold stated in the immigration rules.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 pm

NAR00 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Kindly note even with this salary reduction, it is still higher then the minimum threshold stated in the immigration rules.
Then it should be fine. As your employer notified ukvi of the salary reduction (via SMS system I guess) and it's still above the minimum threshold you should be fine.

In this covid times pay cut shouldn't be a surprise to ukvi folks, so don't worry much as long as you meet the requirements.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

NAR00
Mood:

Post by NAR00 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 pm

srsw wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 pm
NAR00 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Then it should be fine. As your employer notified ukvi of the salary reduction (via SMS system I guess) and it's still above the minimum threshold you should be fine.

In this covid times pay cut shouldn't be a surprise to ukvi folks, so don't worry much as long as you meet the requirements.
Great to know, many thanks SRSW for your response.