Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Job before getting ILR

Only for UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ValentinaL
Newly Registered

New Job before getting ILR

Post by ValentinaL » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:50 am

Situation: In August 2020 I will need to apply for ILR ( 5 years in Tier 2 General Visa). I am starting a new job in February 2020.

Question: Can I only pay one year NHS surcharge when applying for a new Tier 2 Visa from inside the country in February for a new job, as I will have to pay again for ILR this year in few months? Will my new employer have to sponsor me for three years or can only do one year because i am getting ILR this year? I am trying to save money for NHS surcharge and my employer want to save money on immigration skill charge. Why pay for three years again if I only will use it until ILR application?
Thank you for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Job before getting ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:07 am

What you pay depends on the length of the cos. If the cos is for 3 years, you pay 3 years IHS. If the cos is for 1 year,you pay 1 year IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.