ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rules for Tier-2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Master999
India

New rules for Tier-2

Post by Master999 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi,

I have seen the latest news about the new rules and to be honest it is lot more confusing. So have below queries.

1. When they say immigration, they haven't mentioned the duration (like 5 years) for ILR. So are the new rules leading to ILR?
2. Will the new rules apply for Tier-2 General, if so will they apply only for the new applications or will the existing visa extensions also be effected?
3. When a depndant choses to switch to Tier-2 General in-country, will these be applicable

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New rules for Tier-2

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:10 pm

You are assuming all of us have insight information from HO, which we don't as we don't work for HO!!
CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:29 pm
Impossible for anyone on the forum to know until HO published the guidance and rules as already advised when you asked the question 9 days ago!!!

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1877510
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.