The timing of our CoS application is a bit unfortunate. My company just got a sponsor license around a month ago or so, and we're wrapping up the RLMT process (ends tomorrow). My job code falls under programming, 2136, but on September 9th it was announced that it would be on the shortage list starting October 6th. I am now confused, because if we were to apply for a RCoS now, the decision would be made on October 11th. If it were approved and I applied for the visa, would the RCoS no longer be needed and the application refused?
According to the document regarding Appendix J changes:
The following sections shall take effect on 6 October 2019. However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave to remain using a Certificate of Sponsorship that was assigned to them by theirSponsor before 6 October 2019, the application will be decided in accordance with the Immigration Rulesin force on 5 October 2019.
Obviously I will not have made the application before October 6th. There are no UCoS currently allocated because we thought we wouldn't need them with the RCoS application, so in case we need it we'd have to apply. I've been reading this board and apparently the waiting time is 18 weeks - is this correct? Would the premium service be a must? Are the odds of getting an in-year UCoS allocation refused high, especially for a new sponsor?
Sorry for all the questions. It's all a bit confusing and this bit is critical - I wouldn't want to apply for a visa only to be refused and told I got the wrong kind of CoS when we likely have the means to obtain either.
Many thanks in advance!