ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of Curtailment- with New Certificate of Sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MadiRN17
Newly Registered
Philippines

Notice of Curtailment- with New Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by MadiRN17 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Hello everyone! I am new on this page and I need urgent advice.

I have my Curtailment letter which is on the 9th of September. I tried to reapply again to my previous employer and they gave me a new Certificate of Sponsorship because I already have my NMC Pin.
Do I need to reapply for a new tier 2 visa? Or will the Home office just lift my curtailment letter since I am going back to the same employer?

Thanks to those who will answer.

vinny

Re: Notice of Curtailment- with New Certificate of Sponsorship

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:35 pm

I think that you should apply prior to curtailment date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MadiRN17
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by MadiRN17 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:05 am

I see.
I was just asking because my friend who had the same experience, when she got her NMC Pin, she reapplied to her previous trust(the one who issued her original COS) since her Visa is up to three yrs same as me, Home office just lifted the curtailment.
I was hoping it could happen for me as well.
Anyway, how to process Tier 2 visa on your own?
I tried gov.uk site but it says that I cant apply for a tier 2 if I am in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:18 am

Why did they curtail your leave?

If they lifted it for her, then perhaps they may do it for you too. Ask her what steps she took and how soon did they respond?

If they don’t lift it, then you should apply prior to the curtailment date.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MadiRN17
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by MadiRN17 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:01 am

As an overseas nurse, part of our contract with an NHS Trust to pass the NMC Exam. I failed the exam twice so they have to cancel my sponsorship and tell it to the home office.

I already passed it before my curtailment date so I am really hoping to just get my curtailment lifted.
The last time they did it for my friend it only took one day. It was a long weekend so I think everyone was rushing when I called Home office last Friday afternoon.

glasgowedinburgh2000
India

Post by glasgowedinburgh2000 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:04 am

How does lifting of curtailment work? I too have received a curtailment letter and my new employer is planning to apply in the next few weeks. Do we need to inform back to HO once new visa is applied or will the HO will send me a new letter that the curtailment is no longer valid