ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asiklk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

passport validity

Post by asiklk » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:44 am

Hi
I am Mohamed, Srilankan National reside in Doha QATAR for the last 7 years for work. I was recently got a job offer from UK Sponsor (Tier 2 General, A Garde). They informed me that they will produce the SOC Number in mid-nov 2019 for Applying Entry clearance in Doha. ( I got my MSC from the UK and worked for two years in the UK for a reputable employer under PSW Tier 1 and I left the UK in 2012 since my employer was not a tier 2 sponsor ) , there are two points I need to clarify here.
1- My passport will expire in 2028 but my wife and child passports will be expiring on Oct 2020 and Aug 2020 respectively, since I am in Doha and renewal will take minimum 8 weeks, but at the time of applying for the visa and entering the UK all passports will have 6-months validity. in this situation do I have to renew their passport and apply for the visa or I can apply the visa and renew the passport in the UK via Srilankan High commission?

2- SriLanka is in the TB (TUBERCULOSIS) Test list for the UK Visa but QATAR is not, do I have to do a TB test now? my wife and I used to live in the UK but not my child. my family is with me in Qatar for the last 4 years and all have been tested to TB before given Qatar residency.

Need some light throw in this aspect
many thanks in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: passport validity

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:04 pm

TB follows where you reside, not your citizenship:

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

For passports expiration, you can either renew before you apply or when you are in the UK. Check your calendar and see what would make more sense for you.

asiklk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

Post by asiklk » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 am

Many thanks for the reply, Tier 2 General visa is valid for 3 years and
I was told by someone in the UK that my family and I should have a valid passport for the entire stay ( which is 3 years).
could you clarify this, please?

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:08 am

asiklk wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 am
Many thanks for the reply, Tier 2 General visa is valid for 3 years and
I was told by someone in the UK that my family and I should have a valid passport for the entire stay ( which is 3 years).
could you clarify this, please?

regards
Nonsense. There is no requirement that your passport must be valid for the duration of your visa. Stop listening to "someone"!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asiklk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Qatar

Post by asiklk » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:01 am

Many Thanks, CR001, appreciate your help