ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant visa application in the middle of Primary applicant switching jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BenzBoy
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependant visa application in the middle of Primary applicant switching jobs

Post by BenzBoy » Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm

Dear Admins,

I needed urgent help on a rather unique (I hope not) situation.

I was sponsored for Tier 2 General by employer #1 between April 2018 and May 2021.

I am currently sponsored on Tier 2 General by employer #2 between September 2020 and September 2023 (and hence my previous sponsorship was curtailed due to overlapping periods).

My dependants are currently on PBS dependant visa tagged to my first employment with their visas valid until May 2021.

Yesterday, I applied for their in-country PBS dependant switch to tag their visa to my current employment (#2). I have submitted their visa application form and they have a biometric appointment on 1st June so hopefully, they should have their BRPs by July 2021 with an 8-week SLA post biometric.

I have a new job offer (with potential employer #3) and looking at switching my T2G visa to the new Skilled Worker visa.

My questions:
1). Given that I have already initiated PBS Dependant visa for my dependants against my current employer #2 sponsored T2G, is it okay for me to initiate CoS and visa processing with a new employer #3 without waiting for BRPs to arrive for my dependants?

2). As my dependants' BRPs may take as long as July end to come through (as their biometric appointment is on 1st June), will I have to wait until August to initiate my CoS and visa processing with the new employer? Or can I still progress with switching visa as a primary applicant even though a decision/biometric/BRP is awaited for my dependants?

Will appreciate your help and guidance with the above question as I am in quite a quandary.

BenzBoy
Newly Registered
India

Re: PBS Dependant visa application in the middle of Primary applicant switching jobs

Post by BenzBoy » Fri May 07, 2021 8:01 am

Dear Admin/friends,

Will appreciate a response on this subject.