ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent surname change timeline

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarkCa

PBS dependent surname change timeline

Post by MarkCa » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:49 am

Hi,

My unmarried partner came with me to the UK. In November we should apply for her visa extension and my ILR.

We would like to get married outside of UK in on 5th of September. By laws of that country, she needs to apply for new documents (passport) with new surname in 3 weeks. Therefore, she has to apply for new passport by let's say 20th if September, and passport date will be 25th of September.

Now, the problem that we have is that if she applies for new BRP with her new surname, BRP might not arrive in time for her to apply for new PBS dependent visa in November.

So, if she can apply for PBS dependent visa on 5th of November, which is around 40 days after her surname change, considering that in UK you have 3 months to apply for new BRP after changing surname, can she apply with her old BRP and old Surname and at that time report change of Surname?

Thanks!

MarkCa

Re: PBS dependent surname change timeline

Post by MarkCa » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:10 am

Anyone? :)

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:26 pm

:?:

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi, I was able to find that with international marriage certificate my fiance (then wife) will be able to come back to the UK with different BRP and Passport Surname (upon taking new passport with my surname).

Can you please help regarding her application for PBS dependant visa extension then?

Basically, she will have old surname in BRP and new Surname in passport. Her surname will change 2 months before visa extension application. Can she therefore apply for new visa with old BRP and then get a new one at the same time with new visa (she would get the new BRP anyway at that time)?