ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant Extension Application - IHS number automatically generated

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sumit_pandey180888
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant Extension Application - IHS number automatically generated

Post by sumit_pandey180888 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

Hi All,

I have an ILR since Nov 2018 following 5 years in PBS Tier 2 and my wife is now applying for PBS dependant extension as she's not eligible for ILR yet.

My Wife's initial application was made in March 2017 outside of UK as Tier 2 Dependant with validity till June 2019 (Same as mine). At that time she paid £600 IHS fee and got a IHS reference number accordingly - which she had required to mention as a part of application.

Whilst making the current extension application, we did not observe any option to specify the IHS reference number or the requirement to pay IHS fee or any web link to direct us at the IHS website.

After completing the application, the PDF copy of the application had the IHS number automatically generated and it is the same reference number as it was in her Original/Previous Tier 2 Dependant application.

I am unsure what to do next because of the following:

- Home office support helpline only stating that we need to pay IHS but no assistance on how to include this with the current application as it has already an IHS number.

- Even if I consider the option to manually cross out the old IHS number and write a new one manually, the thing is that the IHS website is asking to only pay for £200 because the expiry of my Tier 2 was till 2019 June so she's only expected to pay IHS for 1 year or less.

- I can't use the expiry/renewal date of my ILR permit as there's no option to select that the main applicant is now ILR. Also, the PBS extension application is clearly stating that If the main applicant has now granted an ILR, please use the information from the category he was granted leave prior to ILR i.e. Tier 2, so I shouldn't use any random '3 years from now' date either.

- Or should I just go with the application and wait for the Home office to respond as it is suggested in their website that if no IHS or partial IHS fee is paid they are supposed to contact the applicant via email and allow them to pay the required IHS amount within 10 working days.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sumit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Extension Application - IHS number automatically generated

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:12 am

For IHS fee to get the correct amount of £1200, you need to put your ILR expiry date 3 years ahead from now.

Tier 2 category information but ILR date 3 years from now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sumit_pandey180888
Newly Registered

Post by sumit_pandey180888 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your response, however, in that case I'll receive a new IHS number - what should I do with IHS no. already present in my application?

Secondly, as they may observe straight away that my ILR expiry is much more than 3 yrs from now on, wouldn't that may cause a problem?

Thanks,
Sumit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks for your response, however, in that case I'll receive a new IHS number - what should I do with IHS no. already present in my application?
Have you paid already??
Secondly, as they may observe straight away that my ILR expiry is much more than 3 yrs from now on, wouldn't that may cause a problem?
No it won't be a problem. HO is well aware of this glitch in the system.

Not sure why you have the auto generated IHS number. You must have ticked something you shouldn't have. You don't input the IHS number, you simply need to pay it and it is automatic as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sumit_pandey180888
Newly Registered

Post by sumit_pandey180888 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:53 am

I have paid for the application, but not for the IHS as the IHS number only showed up in the print out of completed application form.

I'm 100% sure that I completed the application correctly as I have filled it again with a different user Id and it is not asking for an IHS reference number till you reach for application payment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:04 pm

How much did you pay?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sumit_pandey180888
Newly Registered

Post by sumit_pandey180888 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 pm

£483 I think - postal Application/8 weeks