ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent job issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Corona2020
Newly Registered
India

Permanent job issue

Post by Corona2020 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 am

Dear Experts

I work at an automotive company. I am permanent.But due to Corona, business is dull. I smell a job drop. If that is the case, do I need to leave the country? My visa is upto 2021(Tier2 General)

Now I got email that there is 30% salary reduction. It won't meet my monthly expenses. In this situation can I do an additional wage work like pizza delivery

- Jan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanent job issue

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:41 am

I work at an automotive company. I am permanent.But due to Corona, business is dull. I smell a job drop. If that is the case, do I need to leave the country? My visa is upto 2021(Tier2 General)
If you lose your job, it takes HO a few months to send out curtailment letters curtalining your visa to 60 days.
Now I got email that there is 30% salary reduction. It won't meet my monthly expenses. In this situation can I do an additional wage work like pizza delivery
No you cannot work as a pizza delivery driver. You are only permitted to work 20 hours per week in a second job that is the same profession as your main job and at the same level ie. RQF Level 6 or a profession on the shortage occupation list. Note also that if you lose your job and are unemployed, you cannot do 20 hours per week supplementary employment either. You can only do a second job IF you are still working full time for your tier 2 sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.