ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration failure

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abdullah92
Newly Registered
Egypt

Police registration failure

Post by Abdullah92 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:21 pm

Hello All,

I came to the UK in 2016 on a tier 4 as an Engineering student. I arrived late on the first week of uni and i didnt know much as it was my first time travelling abroad. So i didnt know that i had to register with the police. I have now finished my degree and returned back home and my visa is expired now. I am planning to come to the uk this October on a tier 2 visa. How can i approach this with the home office, an apology letter? I know that this stupid mistake might affect my application very negatively but what is the best way to try to avoid refusal on my visa? Also has anyone had a similar experience cause most people who posted similar cases on this forum were late yet they were all registered.

Cheers for the help.

Abdullah92
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Police registration failure

Post by Abdullah92 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:34 pm

Can anyone help with this please?

hw620
China

Post by hw620 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:02 am

Hi Abdullah92

I think your experience is quite unique. I think you can try to call Home Office to ask for their advice.
But it still has risk when you applied for your visa. However, it doesn't mean you can get it.
My student visa application was rejected twice in 2016 but I still received it in 2019 and now get my work visa.
If you don't try it, nobody can know the result

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:13 am

Was there any endorsement in your passport or BRP that required you to register with the Police?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Abdullah92
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Abdullah92 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 pm

It was mentioned in the visa in the passport but not my BRP. Would it be easier to get the visa if i applied for a tier 4 visa instead of a skilled worker? I am planning to take a masters course anyways. Also one of my friends advised if i were to apply for a tier 4 visa, they dont ask about the certificate but i dont think it is true. Do you guys think it would be safer to seek an advice from an agency and ask them to write me a professional letter to the home office? Thanks to all of your time and efforts.

sophiezhou
Newly Registered
Mood:
China

Post by sophiezhou » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your post. Did you managed to get your visa approved?

Thank you!
Sophie

katya18888
Newly Registered

Post by katya18888 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:34 am

Hi Abdullah92!

I'm very curious how did you solve the situation? Did you get your Tier 2 visa?