ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Tier 4 re-applying as tier 2 dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mikmerdawn04
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Previous Tier 4 re-applying as tier 2 dependant

Post by Mikmerdawn04 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 am

Hi, i am planning to apply as tier 2 dependant as my husband recently went to UK as tier 2 visa holder. But I was a bit worried as I previously went to uk as student.

Here is a bit of my history:

1. Went to UK as student feb 2010 (worked more than 20 hours per week)
2. Decided to go back home dec 2010 at my own expense. I did not overstay. I didnot recieve any letter from home office asking me to go back home.

I am just worried that it might affect my application, and when I do my online application what will I answer to these ff questions:

Question 32: Have you been deported, refused or required to leave in other country including UK?

Question 33: Have you ever voluntarily elected to depart to UK?

Question 34: Have you been subject to exclusion order from UK?

Question #45: Have you ever engaged in any other activities that might indicate that you may not be admitted to UK?

Thank you very much for anybody who could give me an idea and shed some light on my situation.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Previous Tier 4 re-applying as tier 2 dependant

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:32 am

Mikmerdawn04 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 am
Question 32: Have you been deported, refused or required to leave in other country including UK?

Question 33: Have you ever voluntarily elected to depart to UK?

Question 34: Have you been subject to exclusion order from UK?
These are not trick questions, just matters of fact. If you left the UK because your visa ended, or because you quit your course, that's what everyone does at the end of their stay. That is not you being deported or excluded or otherwise leaving in an unusual way.

If you still feel that these questions are relevant to you, you can say Yes and explain as you have in your post.
Mikmerdawn04 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 am
Question #45: Have you ever engaged in any other activities that might indicate that you may not be admitted to UK?
If you feel there are things in your history (immigration or otherwise) that you think might be a problem for the UK immigration authorities, this is your chance to declare them. What are you thinking of specifically?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mikmerdawn04
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Post by Mikmerdawn04 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks Sah. I was very worried because I exceeded my allowed work hours when I went to UK as student. I dont intend to hide it on my upcoming application as i am scared that they might ban me for 10yrs because of deception.

I was thinking do I need to declare especially in question #45 that i work last time for more than what is allowed When i was student last 2010? Thanks for your response

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Mikmerdawn04 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm
I was thinking do I need to declare especially in question #45 that i work last time for more than what is allowed When i was student last 2010?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Mikmerdawn04
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Post by Mikmerdawn04 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks a lot Sah.