ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query reg Work End date in CoS | Switching Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Query reg Work End date in CoS | Switching Employer

Post by ldam » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Dears,

I am currently in Tier 2 General Visa which is expiring in July 2022. And am in process of switching employer within UK and for the same I got CoS from the new employer. In the new employer's CoS the Work end date is mentioned in such a way that it is exactly ending on my 5 years completion date within UK.

My concern is regarding ILR hence the below queries,

1. Will my BRP end date will be same as CoS work end date? Because In my current BRP, I got 14 days more than the CoS work end date.
2. I know for ILR, I can start the process in 4 yrs and 11 months but If my new BRP end date is exactly ending in 5 years then I will have only 1 month left for getting ILR. Is this time sufficient for the ILR processing, provided taking only standard processing and not fast track.
3. Also on which date I should submit the ILR as the start date in UK entry visa, CoS & BRP are all different.

Few details on dates to understand my query better,
In Current BRP,
Date of Issue: 08-July-2019
Valid Until : 25-July-2022

In Current CoS,
Work start date: 12-July-2019
Work end date: 11-July-2022

First Entry date to UK: 11-July-2019

In New CoS,
Work end date: 07-July-2024

Sorry for many questions and I know for ILR I have ample time but I want to correct the CoS now itself if it is going to make any hindrance in future.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query reg Work End date in CoS | Switching Employer

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:19 pm

You can apply for ILR within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your initial visa issue date. Even if your visa expires while ILR is being processed, it does not matter as long as you submit an in time ILR application. This invokes section 3c protection, meaning if your visa expires, the existing visa conditions continue until your ILR application is decided.

You do NOT have to have ILR approved before your visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Thanks a lot for the swift response.

So this "5th anniversary of your initial visa issue date" is the 'Date of Issue (08-July-2019)' in my current BRP or the date in my entry clearance visa to UK for travelling in from outside?

Please clarify :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:05 pm

Either, whichever is dated the earliest.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:21 pm

Ho, cool. Thanks a lot for the clarifications.